News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Here's my baby

Started by Cadman-iac, January 08, 2020, 06:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

Here's a picture of a picture of my car. When I bought it back in '95 or'96, (not sure exactly), all I had was a 35mm camera.  Since I have only been working on it for a short while, (the last year or so), I hadn't thought to take any more pictures of it.  Of course now it's in a  million pieces.  So the only pics I have are actual pictures on paper.  Who'd a thunk it huh?

Anyway,  here she is.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Cadman-iac

Oops!!

Not sure why that happened. I held the camera the same way as the other pictures. 

Thought I'd try turning the phone, but the pic auto rotates upside down anyway.

I don't claim to be a computer wiz, far from it.

Suggestions ??
CLC# 32373

The Tassie Devil(le)

Here it is, upright.

Bruce. >:D

PS.  Not sure what is going on, but I saved it to a folder, then changed the file name, then reposted it, but it turned upside down again.

Something really weird going on here.

PPS.   When I open it up on my computer, it is up the right way.   Eerie.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 08, 2020, 06:46:49 PM
Here it is, upright.

Uh... it looks the same to me unfortunately.  Can others see it upright???
CLC# 32373

J. Gomez

Well that is what happens when you and Bruce are in a Spiderman costume, pictures are up-side down..!   ;D  ;D
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

The Tassie Devil(le)

Okay, what is the secret?   How did you do it?

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

J. Gomez

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 08, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
Okay, what is the secret?   How did you do it?

I've used PaintShop open the file and save it again with no other changes, maybe the original was formatted to be flipped  ???
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

J. Skelly

that's what happens when you're down under ...
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

chrisntam

Quote from: J. Skelly on January 08, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
that's what happens when you're down under ...

And the terlit water goes the other direction too.

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: chrisntam on January 08, 2020, 07:35:05 PM
And the terlit water goes the other direction too.    ;) 
Not really true, as I tried that when I last crossed the equator.   If it were true, then at that point the water would have gone straight down, but it didn't.   It still swirled.

PS.   It was Cadillac related as I was off to a Cadillac & LaSalle Club event.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Lexi

Lots of interesting stuff happens on the way to a CLC Cadillac event  ;)  Nice car and great project BTW. Clay/Lexi

GregoryAlan

I'm a getting a little sea sick...
Is that a '56? My fav Cad...

mario

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 08, 2020, 07:45:48 PM
Not really true, as I tried that when I last crossed the equator.   If it were true, then at that point the water would have gone straight down, but it didn't.   It still swirled.

PS.   It was Cadillac related as I was off to a Cadillac & LaSalle Club event.

But to the question...clockwise or counter-clockwise???
Ciao,
Mario Caimotto

bcroe

Hardly anyone knows what clockwise is anymore.  Bruce Roe

Cadman-iac

Quote from: GregoryAlan on January 08, 2020, 09:03:40 PM
I'm a getting a little sea sick...
Is that a '56? My fav Cad...

Yes,  that's my'56. Have had it so long I can't remember exactly when I first got it, but I've been collecting parts for it since I got it.  It's been since the early to mid 90's.
I figured I should have everything I needed by the time I retired, kinda like the Johnny Cash song if you know what I mean.
However I'm still short stuff.  But maybe  now that I've got this new phone and can get on the net, I'll be able to find what I need.
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Quote from: bcroe on January 08, 2020, 11:06:10 PM
Hardly anyone knows what clockwise is anymore.  Bruce Roe

LOL!! Yeah,  my son asked me one time how the numbers on the digital clock could rotate!!!!
(Kidding of course)!!
CLC# 32373

cadillacmike68

Quote from: chrisntam on January 08, 2020, 07:35:05 PM
And the terlit water goes the other direction too.

;)

You guys beat me to it.

But what about the occasional sideways pic??
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Daryl Chesterman

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and it has Windows Live Photo Gallery on it.   When I hover the mouse cursor over the attachment numbers at the bottom of a picture, I get a hand, indicating that it is a "clickable" website.  When I click on that attachment, a window opens at the bottom of the screen asking if I want to "open" or "save" the attachment.  I click "open", and the picture opens in another window.  In this window, there are several actions that I can take with that picture, one of them being rotating the picture  either clockwise or counterclockwise, by quarter turns.  The other action that is very handy is being able to make the picture larger.  Some of you may have noticed that some pictures are posted so large that one has to scroll sideways and up and down to see all of the picture, but can't get the picture to fit the screen such that the whole picture is visible at one time.  So, in regard to Richard's original picture, I can click on the "20200108_162143.jpg" and the window asking if I want to "open" or "save", opens at the bottom of the screen, and I click on "open".  The picture of his 56 opens in another window, and is upside down.  Going to the bottom right of that screen one can see what looks like two "mountains" with curved arrows, indicating CW or CCW rotation.  Click on which way you want to rotate, and it will rotate.  If you want to make the picture larger, move the slider to the right, or alternatively, click on the + button and the picture gets larger.

Hope this helps some of you to see pictures better!

Daryl Chesterman

Cadman-iac

Hey Daryl,
Thanks for all the info on this. There's only one problem with it in my case,  I only have a phone, and I'd have to try to remember all that,  which at my age is asking a lot.
But my thanks nonetheless.
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Daryl Chesterman on January 11, 2020, 01:17:36 PM
I am running Windows 7 on my computer and it has Windows Live Photo Gallery on it.   When I hover the mouse cursor over the attachment numbers at the bottom of a picture, I get a hand, indicating that it is a "clickable" website.  When I click on that attachment, a window opens at the bottom of the screen asking if I want to "open" or "save" the attachment.  I click "open", and the picture opens in another window.  In this window, there are several actions that I can take with that picture, one of them being rotating the picture  either clockwise or counterclockwise, by quarter turns.  The other action that is very handy is being able to make the picture larger.  Some of you may have noticed that some pictures are posted so large that one has to scroll sideways and up and down to see all of the picture, but can't get the picture to fit the screen such that the whole picture is visible at one time.  So, in regard to Richard's original picture, I can click on the "20200108_162143.jpg" and the window asking if I want to "open" or "save", opens at the bottom of the screen, and I click on "open".  The picture of his 56 opens in another window, and is upside down.  Going to the bottom right of that screen one can see what looks like two "mountains" with curved arrows, indicating CW or CCW rotation.  Click on which way you want to rotate, and it will rotate.  If you want to make the picture larger, move the slider to the right, or alternatively, click on the + button and the picture gets larger.

Hope this helps some of you to see pictures better!

Daryl Chesterman

Daryl, 

I've finally found an easier way to get the pictures to post upright.  The trick is to hold the phone in the right direction,  go figure !!!
Being left handed,  I just held it with the button on my left.  I guess that's fine for left handed pictures huh??

Anyway,  thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.
Rick
CLC# 32373