News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Allante door handle sticking out?

Started by BenKlesc, January 20, 2020, 08:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenKlesc

Hello c&l club! Maybe there is someone out there who has ran into this problem before.

I’ve had this dilemma for the past month.

This was my first time doing this, but I decided to tackle it myself and replace the four speaker amps on my Allante.

I got the rear just fine, and two front ones are installed. However I’m having a difficult time getting the front door panels back on. I’m managing to get the bolts in place, but when I begin to tighten the door handle it pops out.

This is what I am left with. The interior door handle sticks out and refuses to stay in place. A friend of mine from across the country told me that I need to adjust the rod going to the latch that hooks onto the handle. Does that sound correct?

Picture link will be added to second post directly below.

BenKlesc

Here is the photo. Help much appreciated. Cannot drive the beauty until it is put back together.

Great cars they really are!