News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The Self Starter

Started by chip benson, January 20, 2020, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip benson

Has everyone been receiving their monthly Self Starters? I have not got one since September 2019. My dues are paid up until 10/31/20....
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

chrisntam

Yes.  You should have gotten the November and January issue, the folks break for December.  Someone will be along with who to call to get replacements sent, in the interim, you could look in the SS, there may be a contact # there.

I'd heard (via email), the CLC office is closed temporarily as the folks who operate it, one was in an auto accident and was injured.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chip benson

1969 CAD 68367 DVC

chip benson

I don't know if the 2020 membership directories came out yet, but if they did, I didn't get that either...
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

The Tassie Devil(le)

Maybe you ticked the box for only receiving the International Directory electronically?

The Directory came out late last year.  It usually comes with the last Self Starter for the year, but this time, it came on its' own.

Hopefully, someone from the Self Starter operations will chime in soon.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Please be patient until we get this problem with the office taken care of. It appears that you might really have a problem if you haven't gotten issues and the Directory. While you wait, contact Lars Kneller by email. (Go to the Club Officers on the home page and then scroll down to the Past Presidents. There will be a link with his email.) Lars gets all the back issues and he can send you your missing ones till the Office comes back and gets you straightened out. Let me know if you have problems doing this.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

chip benson

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm sure this will all get ironed out in due time  :)
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

Davidrubin

Hi Chip, until the mail situation is fixed any member can see the Club Magazine from our website.  https://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/page/MembersOnly

chip benson

On my membership card it says, "1 Year - Worldwide - Online - Expires: October 31, 2020". I wonder if that means I'm not supposed to get the SS in print? If so I didn't mean to check that :(

Barry, I did send Lars an email. Thank you for the suggestion.
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

The Tassie Devil(le)

Plus, it would also have an effect on how much you paid when joining.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Davidrubin

Hi Chip, online means no paper copy of the magazine or the Directory.   Have you been receiving updates on the CLC office?   Once they are back open I am sure they will happy to upgrade your membership to paper.  In the mean time it is all available online.

Art Director

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 20, 2020, 08:24:03 PM
Maybe you ticked the box for only receiving the International Directory electronically?

The Directory came out late last year.  It usually comes with the last Self Starter for the year, but this time, it came on its' own.

Hopefully, someone from the Self Starter operations will chime in soon.

Everyone is correct - online only means no printed copy is mailed. For only $5 more per year, a paper copy is mailed 11 times a year. The Directory in print format must be requested. The CLC Office won't reopen until February, so hang tight until it does, and Mike and Nancy will straighten all this out for you.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

chip benson

Again, thanks everyone for your help. Lars did send me the back issues I did not get so I'm all set. I'll contact the office once it reopens.
1969 CAD 68367 DVC

chrisntam

Quote from: chip benson on January 25, 2020, 06:46:55 PM
Again, thanks everyone for your help. Lars did send me the back issues I did not get so I'm all set. I'll contact the office once it reopens.

In the mean time, tell us what's going on with your Cadillac, posts some pics of it and up your post count.  You should start a new thread though.

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas