News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Series 62 Convertible Seat Mystery

Started by Carmambo, January 29, 2020, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmambo

Ok Folks sorry for the delay I have been traveling for several weeks  Thank you to all of you Kind people to take the time for pictures and your advice.  It took a circus act to get these picks of My back seat back.  Notice the horizontal holes in the Pockets
C.F.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Never seen anything like those.

What stops the seat back frame from simply lifting up, seeing as the holes go parallel to the seat prong?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

59-in-pieces

Bruce,
I had some time to focus in on the photo you posted, but could not detect any tabs you saw in your car.
However, the photo seems to show the same pocket as the circus act photo into which the horseshoe "tang" of the D side rear seat frame goes into.
Could not tell in your photo if there are holes in both sides of the pocket as shown in the OP's photo, because of some near side obstruction in your photo.
Also because of the "crustyness" (a rare auto body term) shown in the photo of the face of your pocket, I could not see the hole from a previous screw and washer, as was suggested by other posters

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

INTMD8

Took my lower back seat out again last night and took another photo, this time of the passenger side.

No tab but there is a hole.