News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bucket seat 1966 Cadillac hardtop Sedan deVille

Started by D.Smith, January 30, 2020, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

I did a quick search here first to see if this one was discussed and didn't see anything, but forgive me if it was.

Did you guys catch this one that sold on Ebay?     Bucket seat 1966 Cadillac hardtop Sedan deVille?

sold for $5701 yesterday.  I hope it gets restored. 

chrisntam

You're supposed to post this prior to the sale so we can bid on it.

;)

I bet if it had those pricey seats, it was likely nicely optioned.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

David Greenburg

I saw it on eBay, and it was nicely optioned, including power vents, not often seen on deVilles.  It is certainly a unique car.  I hope it found a good home.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

35-709

Yes, but didn't see power switches for the seat in either the door panel or side of the seat itself.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

D.Smith

Quote from: 35-709 on January 30, 2020, 08:09:26 PM
Yes, but didn't see power switches for the seat in either the door panel or side of the seat itself.

The power seat controls are on the seats in 66, not on the door panels.   Plus on the strato buckets the switches are hard to see.  You really have to feel around for them.      Optional on the deVilles was the 4-way power drivers side bucket seat.   

D.Smith

Quote from: chrisntam on January 30, 2020, 08:01:01 PM

I bet if it had those pricey seats, it was likely nicely optioned.

It did look nicely optioned.   In the pics you can see Tilt & telescope, Cruise control, Auto Dimming, Twilight Sentinel, Floor mats, Climate control, radio, power vent wings, buckets and console and in a pic I didn't post it showed power trunk w/pull down.

The car was sold new at Collins Motor company in South Carolina.   So that probably explains why no heated seats or rear defogger.