News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Coupe Deville in Norway, with some US stickers

Started by Norcad, February 02, 2020, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norcad

Hello
I'm from Norway and own a 1960 Coupe Deville. It runs and drives well, has a good interior, but the body need "some" (or a lot of) work. It was bought somewhere in the states back in 1989. I purchased it in 1993, welded in some new floorboards, got it running and sold it because of my divorce. The new owner thought he should fix the rest of the bodywork, but had never welded before, and hopefully he has never done it since! I bought it back in 2000 and it has been sitting in my garage ever since..........
I'm planning on a restoration and has started to remove some parts here and there.

The car has a couple of stickers that maybe some of you recognize?

79 Eldorado

The first sticker is a State of Florida inspection sticker.  So it was last inspected in Sept of 1977 and legal to drive until Sept 1978. The second one is a business started in 1986 and is now no longer in operation.

https://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Jacksonville/blackfords-dream-cars-inc-3653313.aspx

"Blackford's Dream Cars, Inc. filed as a Domestic for Profit Corporation in the State of Florida and is no longer active. This corporate entity was filed approximately thirty-four years ago on Monday, January 20, 1986 , according to public records filed with Florida Department of State. "

Nice that you were able to get the car back without it needing a lot more work than when you sold it.

Scott

35-709

FYI, Florida no longer has safety inspections nor does it have emissions inspections.  All inspections ended in 1981, but emissions inspections were revived in 1991 in some large metropolitan areas, those ended in 2000.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2