News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent visit with Pete Peters

Started by Tom Hoczyk , CLC 14044, February 03, 2020, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hoczyk , CLC 14044

Long time members certainly remember Pete Peters.  He is perhaps best known for his Cadillac authenticity manuals and his marvelous collection of Eldorado Convertibles.  As I live in Fort Wayne, Pete and I have been friends for many years.  However, mostly due to Pete moving into assisted living, we have been out of touch.  Last week I happened to be working near the garage where Pete's cars are stored.  Our good friend Rich Edwards works there, so I decided to stop in for a few.  To my joyous surprise, Pete was there also, relaxing with Rich and enjoying some pizza.  Despite some memory problems, Pete was alert and talking, answering questions. I was very pleased to see him in this condition as I expected far worse.  Attached is a photo that Rich took of both of us.
Tom Hoczyk

Vince Taliano #13852

Thanks for sharing, Tom.  For those who don't remember Pete, he received the CLC's highest award, The Henry M. Leland Award, in 2003 for his long-time work on the Cadillac authenticity manuals and technical assistance he provided to club members, among other things.   Glad to see he is doing OK.
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

cadman56

I have many fond memories of visits with Pete.  So glad to hear the news.  Thank you.  Larry
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

Jay Friedman

I"m glad he is doing well.

I was one of those who started working on the 48-49 authenticity manual years ago when Pete was in charge.  My enthusiasm went up and down, but whenever I needed it Pete lit a fire under me and it got done.  Thanks Pete.

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."