News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC membership number

Started by Cadman-iac, February 14, 2020, 12:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I have a question about your membership number after joining.  I did a search but couldn't find anything about it.
My question is how long after you join and pay the dues,  do you recieve your member number? I have a receipt number but it looks like it is too long for the CLC number.
Can someone clarify this? I also searched the CLC site for information but found nothing about a length of time or a reference to it at all.
My thanks for any help.
Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If you've received the Self Starter club magazine, the membership # should appear just above where your name & address is printed on the back of shipping liner.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Cadman-iac

Thanks,  I just joined this morning,  and I saw the ID card I can print,  but it doesn't have a membership number on it.  Just a transaction number.
Since I've just joined in the middle of the month,  when should I expect to see my first copy of the magazine? Do they go out later in the month,  or did I miss this month's issue already?

Just curious,  since it took less than a minute to receive a verification of Payment and an online printable copy of my membership.

My thanks to you for your input.  I do appreciate it.
Rick
CLC# 32373

It's been 30 years since I became a CLC member so I can't recall how I first got my membership # and the procedures may have changed since then. I'm sure you should receive some sort of welcome packet containing all relevant information but there may be some delay due to the auto accident in which the membership secretary had recently been involved. 

Under the circumstances I would give it two months before contacting the CLC office if it hasn't been resolved by then.

Cadman-iac

Ok,  that's fine.  I just wanted to know what kind of a time frame to work with. Not being familiar with their workings,  I didn't know what to expect.

Thanks for the answers.
Rick
CLC# 32373

chrisntam

I hope you get a good one, like 32500 or 33000.  I got 29206.  I wonder who got 472 or 500?  Or 1970?  I'd like one of those.

Perhaps as a fundraiser, we could auction off no longer in use desirable numbers?  No charge for the great idea....

;D
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cadman-iac

Quote from: chrisntam on February 14, 2020, 05:05:32 PM
I hope you get a good one, like 32500 or 33000.  I got 29206.  I wonder who got 472 or 500?  Or 1970?  I'd like one of those.

Perhaps as a fundraiser, we could auction off no longer in use desirable numbers?  No charge for the great idea....

;D

Naahh,  mine I just found out is 32373. Not a hot Cadillac number like those.  It would have been nice to get one like 1956 or one with that in it in some fashion. I'm pleased with just having one.  That might not be a bad idea though. What do they do with the old numbers that are not being used any longer?

And I'd like to thank Jack McClow for looking into this for me behind the scenes. I wasn't expecting to see anything for a while after the earlier answers to my question. It was a pleasant surprise to receive an email from Mike and Nancy Book with my number this afternoon. I'd also like to thank them for taking the time to personally send me an answer. That's service!

Rick
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Thank you Eric.
I would also like to mention as I didn't make it clear in the last post,  that Jack did that for me without my knowledge. Again, my thanks to him and the  Books for the responses.

Rick
CLC# 32373

35-709

Quote from: Cadman-iac on February 15, 2020, 09:16:45 AM
Thank you Eric.
I would also like to mention as I didn't make it clear in the last post,  that Jack did that for me without my knowledge. Again, my thanks to him and the  Books for the responses.

Rick
Nice things like that happen around here.  Reminds me of all the free, valuable and time saving help that even non-members can get on these forums and yet, eventhough it is all worth much more than the cost of membership (not to mention the Self-Starter that comes with it), they don't join and support this great organization. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David Greenburg

In order to get a four digit number starting with “19xx” you would have had to join a long time ago.  I joined in 1985 as a punk in my mid-twenties in 1985 and got 3830.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Cadman-iac

I'm guessing that they never reissue a number once it's been assigned to someone. But that makes it easier for them to keep track of the number of people who have joined over the years. Reissuing numbers would mess that up.

And I am looking forward to getting a copy of the magazine.  I looked over the one they have on the site as an example and found it very interesting. Especially since it had an article on the '56 limousine bodies. I learned quite a bit from just that one article. Beautiful cars too!

I probably should have joined back in '86 when I bought my first Cadillac.  It was a '69 convertible. But I was young and dumb. But in my defense,  I had never heard of the CLC back then either. Wish I had though.

Rick
CLC# 32373

David Greenburg

I only heard about the CLC at that time because I answered an ad in a magazine from someone selling a nice used ‘59 Fleetwood interior.  This was back in the day of SASE’s, followed by an expensive phone call.  The seller turned out to be a Regional VP, and encouraged me to join.  He was an expert on ‘59’s, and wrote me a couple of long letters (that I still have), on the care and feeding of these cars that were a big help.  R.I.P. Herb Karow.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Cadman-iac

Care and feeding!!! LOL! I like that. And they are picky about what they eat too!
CLC# 32373

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Cadman-iac on February 15, 2020, 02:43:30 PM
......... It was a '69 convertible. But I was young and dumb.......Rick 
We were all young and dumb once.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on February 15, 2020, 05:41:49 PM
We were all young and dumb once.

Bruce. >:D
Yes, but my parents were hoping I would grow out of it! LOL!
CLC# 32373

chrisntam

If we do reissue numbers, I got first dibs on 1970, though I gladly hand it to Minesinger.   :)

Back in the day before the internet, how did the club advertise?  It would be interesting to know the growth of the club over time.  I'm sure somewhat has that graph.  Kindly post it here for our viewing pleasure.

Bob - How did you find out about the club?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Glen

As the membership secretary for a local car club, I do not reissue member numbers.  The reason is that frequently a past member will rejoin.  In that case I give them their original number.  It makes it easier to track their payment history etc. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

To my knowledge a new number is issued whenever a CLC member rejoins whenever a lapse in previous membership has occurred.

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on February 16, 2020, 08:55:39 AM
To my knowledge a new number is issued whenever a CLC member rejoins whenever a lapse in previous membership has occurred.

Wouldn't that kind of skew the count so to speak?
CLC# 32373