News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

This one is for Eric

Started by 6caddy2, February 15, 2020, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6caddy2

Eric, after 8 months of owning the 81CDV and a well deserved manicure in my garage, I believe she is ready for the dog and pony shows, don't know about the ones on the grass ::), but I think she turned out well. Thanks again for the heads up on this car!!! As you can see I bought the tires, they seem to be of great quality, they balanced out very well, this would be also do to the great quality of the steel  wheels from the factory, 2 of the tires have slight issues with the white walls being discolored, but I think with another cleaning they will be fine.

As you can see from the photos I'm starting to do some work on the 79 Fleetwood, but need to address the rear suspension on the 62 which has lasted for 58yrs, I'd say for a 2 owner car we got our money's worth out of rear suspension parts!!! The rear spherical joint last week finally said I'm retiring from service!!

Well I hope you enjoy the photos as well as the others, I'll post some more of the Fleetwood as the manicure moves forward this year.
                                                                       Joe

1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Cadillac Fleetwood

Joe,
She certainly is beautiful!  Brings back memories of the showroom at Marvin K. Brown Cadillac in San Diego.

-Charles
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

sparkyone

MaR

These early '80s two tone cars are really starting to grow on me. That one looks great!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Joe...excellent job in reconditioning the car to her former glory. You should send these pictures to the original owner who is sure to be pleased seeing the car so well cherished. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.

Eric.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

6caddy2

Thanks Eric!

I did send some photos of her to the original owner, he stated that it was hard to let it go, but that as the new care taker,  he said that he knows it will be well cared for!

Thank you Charles for your kind words, glad it brought back some good memories for you.

Thank you sparkyone and MaR for your words as well!
                                                                                  Joe
1962 convertible
1979 Fleetwood brougham d'Elegance
1981 Coupe deVille 368 FI 864
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
SOLD- 1978 sedan deVille

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Post some of the engine and interior, detail shots of the chorme bits and trim when you get a chance. If memory serves, I believe 1981 was the last year of (metric coded) blue bolts under hood.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Rich S

Beautiful! The reconditioning looks superb! The combination of colors on the two-toned exterior paint looks outstanding, and the proper tires really compliment the factory correct appearance and ride height.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe