News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

March 2020 Self Starter - very happy with 1970 Cadillac feature articles

Started by Scot Minesinger, February 25, 2020, 02:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

The front cover 1970 CDV really is tastefully done, although not authentic - super good looking Cadillac. 

And I got two of my 1970 Cadillacs in the SS on page 24/25 and page 26.  The photo attached is my 1970 SDV, which now has 40k miles with perfect original vinyl top, mostly original paint, and drives as new with everything working - no excuses.   Laurie's Fleetwood looks amazing too.  Just got it five minutes ago.  Wanted to start a new topic on how happy I was with it.  There are some pictures from the brochure that I guess members do not own, such as the two Calais's on page 20 and the two Fleetwoods 75 and 60S on pages 22 and 23. 

It would be great to get a hold of the chrome rear fin caps shown on the red ambulance on page 29 - if anyone has a nice set let me know.  Did not know they existed.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cadman-iac

Scott,

I wanted to ask you about the 4 door convertible you have.  Is that a custom built car, or did Cadillac actually make one like that? It's a beautiful car. And definitely more practical for a family.
I once had a '69 Deville and I kick myself for ever letting it go. What's worse,  I had several more cars that were not in bad shape that I had bought cheap for parts, and after selling the convertible,  I parted and scraped them.
If only I had known then what I know now.

Beautiful collection you have.  Enjoy them well.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Scot Minesinger

Here is the 1970 Cadillac 4 door convertible.  Started life as a regular convertible, and the doors were grafted on, top mechanism is the same as any other.  This is the only 4 door convertible sold by Cadillac after WWII with the Cadillac warranty.  Other 4 door convertibles have been made after WWII, but not sold by Cadillac with a warranty.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cadman-iac

Truly one of a kind then. That's amazing. Thanks for the information on it, and for sharing it with us.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Can't wait to get my issue in the mail.
Scot your cars *RAWK*!  \m/
And I tagged you in my FB post...

Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

wrefakis