News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Reliable vinyl top sellers - ?

Started by ant2173, March 01, 2020, 09:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ant2173

Hello to everybody!

I`m searching for vinyl top replacement for my 1982 fleetwood limo. Unfortunately, I don`t know the original color and design, since the vinyl had already been replaced before me and now needs second replacement, and I need samples to compare.

Despite the fact that I`m from Russia, I decided to purchase vinyl and all needed materials in the USA. First, I tried to order a few samples of vinyl. Newstalgia web-site has special form to order it. I have a partner in USA that ordered samples (so, no international shipping!). 3 months passed and... nothing happened!

We are continuously trying to call them, but receive standard answer - we have sent it, they are in their way! No track numbers, nothing.

I`m a bit puzzled now and don`t know what to do. Maybe you know other sellers that are more client-orientated?

Thanks,
Anton

Harley Earl

Hello Anton,  You may want to try out SMS in Oregon.  They were helpful in matching the exact texture halo top vinyl material on my former '74 Coupe de Ville (This car went to Berlin last summer, closer to you!).  Check out the Cadillac OEM sales brochures or your limo builder's era-specific brochures for the proper texture.  Best of luck to you.

https://smsautofabrics.com
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

ant2173

Thanks, Harley!

I heard about them, will try to contact.

PS: my car is factory limo, dark blue color. Will be grateful if someone has info about vinyl structure. Car like that:

Harley Earl

This is purely a guess based on owning at least three 80s era Cadillacs over the years (one was an '84 executive stretch Cadillac Limousine that supposedly carried our current POTUS a few times in NYC in the mid '80s); "Elk Grain" vinyl with padding is what you may be looking for.
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

ant2173

Thanks!

maybe you know how to decode the body plate under the hood? :)

Mine says the following:

82     6DF23      9       282
24C                    29      29T
   A52      12B

D.Smith

Quote from: ant2173 on March 01, 2020, 02:27:11 PM
Thanks!

maybe you know how to decode the body plate under the hood? :)

29      29T

Color 29 is Twilight Blue.     Which is a dark metallic blue.

29T means it had a matching dark blue vinyl top.