News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Topics That Get Deleted

Started by 76eldo, March 02, 2020, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwayman68

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on March 03, 2020, 06:48:16 PM
G'day Mark,

In every post on the Message Board, at the bottom right corner, there is a couple of words, saying "Report to moderator".

When a Member, for any reason, has an issue with a post, whether it be a complaint about it being in the wrong place, being of an offensive nature, Questioning a Judge, or whatever, they simply have to "hit" those words "Report to moderator", and then type in a message as to why they were reporting the "thing" to the Moderators, and press "Send".

This generates an instant email to each and every Moderator and Administrator bringing notice that that Member is advising of their reason for needing the Moderators to see something that they haven't seen.

The first Moderator that opens up the email usually handles the issue that was brought up, and in some cases, collaborates with fellow moderators before making the decision on which way to "handle" said issue.

We Moderators and Administrators, take our designated task very seriously, and endeavour to uphold the Forum Rules, which are simple and basic, and whenever we make a decision, our name is there for all to see as to who actually hit the right buttons and caused the "edit" or whatever the result was.   There is no mention of names on our back and forth discussions to indicate the said discussions, just one name.

Nobody apart from the person Reporting to the Moderators, and the Moderators/Administrators, is made aware of who the "Reporter" is, and that is how it will always remain.

Lastly, Moderators do not make "personal" decisions with regard to posts.   As I said before, we have rules to follow, and if these Rules weren't followed, then we soon wouldn't be doing what we are doing.

Now I am going to go into my garage/workshop, and complete the repairs on a '71 Cadillac Steering Column, and possibly replace the front Calipers and hoses in my '72.

Bruce. >:D 

PS.   I hope I haven't left anything out.

See Everyone, it really is this simple.

Read it once, and then read it again and if necessary read it a third time before jumping on the people who volunteer to do the job of moderating. BTW I am sure that an opening for the position comes about rather frequently so be on the lookout and one day you can be the person doing a better job than what you think the people doing it now are doing.

:)
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

35-709

"... so be on the lookout and one day you can be the person doing a better job than what you think the people doing it now are doing."

:)  Thumbs up!

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

cadillacmike68

Quote from: wrench on March 03, 2020, 09:31:48 AM
See? Torture is effective in eliciting a confession!

Darn, and I swore to myself I wasn’t gonna post on this topic.

I avoided it at least 3 different threads.

Although when someone posted the pic of the sawzall, I was gonna thank them for the idea on how to get rid of the redundant standup ornament someone put on my ‘69 Eldo back in the day...

You can never have enough crests on your car!  8)

Mark, look at any post, and note the "report to moderator" in the lower right. That's how someone reports a post to the moderators and you can write in what you think is wrong.

I for one do not consider adding a bit of tasteful trim as "modifying" the car. Changing out the engine, putting on 22" spinners, and overblown interiors, those are "modifications" to me. I'd still like to find a set of 68 Fleetwood lower moldings to add to my DVC.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadman-iac

Those 22" wheels with rubberbands wrapped around them are what I call DA wheels. Otherwise described as "a not so smart mule."
I believe the name some call cars like that is a "donk", which is very appropriate.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cadman-iac on March 03, 2020, 11:44:23 PM
Those 22" wheels with rubberbands wrapped around them are what I call DA wheels. Otherwise described as "a not so smart mule."
I believe the name some call cars like that is a "donk", which is very appropriate.

I've seen a few donked cars down here with what looks like 30" wheels. At least they weren't Cadillacs. :(

It's kind of a redneck big wheel meets lowrider...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadman-iac

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 04, 2020, 02:09:58 AM

I've seen a few donked cars down here with what looks like 30" wheels. At least they weren't Cadillacs. :(

It's kind of a redneck big wheel meets lowrider...

I think you would call that a monster car, huh?
That's something I'll never understand. It can't be a very good ride,  but I guess it's the shock value they're going for.
I've seen one late model Brougham like that. The torque on the brakes is way off the bigger the wheel too. That can't be safe either.

Each to his own I guess. I'll stick with a more normal look like the factory intended, thanks.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Bill Young

My personal opinion is that moderating ANY forum would be a trying experience at best. However I think that a moderator should think long and hard about chastising anyone posting here as opinions about appropriate language and topics naturally differ. That said , in my opinion anyone who owns an old Cadillac has the right to do with it or modify it as they see fit. I said that to say this , ANY deviation from Factory original needs to be specified NOT to be critical of the owner or their decision but rather as posting on " The Cadillac and LaSalle Club " website , unknowing others seeking what they might consider the final word authority on what is Factory correct for any given year or model should be maintained. Example: I cannot count how many times I have seen 60's Cadillac's with their hoods open and the hood springs and mechanism's painted silver rather than Cadmium plated along with under hood bolts and the springs should be painted black and no one says anything. One Mans Opinion.