News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1959 heater box adjustment problems

Started by foxsnout, March 04, 2020, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxsnout

Hi to all,
i have had a hard time to adjust the bowden cables correctly....it looks really all straight forward...but in the end it made me crazy!
The heater valve is not the  problem...put the damper arm and the heater valve lever in full position, reattached the cables and clamped it down..
I have problems with the DeFog-DeIce adjustments. At about half way (DeFog) the linkage should start to engage the secondary valve on the heater core. And exacly here starts my problem...i can´t get it adjusted correctly....and there are not many possibilitys for an adjustment.
When the damper arm is on the left position â€" the (secondary)valve on the heater core opens a little bit????...it closes in the middle position and opens again in the DeIce position??? Any advice??
Help me please!
Thank you, Marco

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1973 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1952 Buick Super
1952 Fabulous Hudson Hornet Race Car #92
1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Michael Petti

I replaced the heater core and control valve on my 60 non AC CDV several years ago. I took a lot of pictures prior to disassembly and reassembled to match the pictures and it works well.  If I can find the pictures I'll post them for you. My suggestion is to keep playing with it until you get it where you want it. Also, unless you are going to drive it in the winter the de ice doesn't really matter. Mine is adjusted so the heat goes off, then on when I move the lever. It does not like to go into de ice, but I don't care as car stored in winter.
I'll look for the pictures.

foxsnout

Thanks Michael,...and no, i don´t drive my Cadillac in cold wheather...and do not really need the DeIce. But,.....nevertheless it does matter to me: it worked when the car was new in 1959 and so it has today. In addition to that it looks not like rocket scientist. It is only bowden cables and not a lot of possibilities for adjustments.
Thanks for any advice, Marco
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1973 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1952 Buick Super
1952 Fabulous Hudson Hornet Race Car #92
1973 Chrysler New Yorker