News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct original washer pump jar question

Started by Cadman-iac, March 04, 2020, 07:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I'm not a stickler for exact originality,  but when I have a choice, I'd like to make it original.
I have 6 of these washer pump bottles or jars, whichever they are called by. There are 3 that have the number "5651" on the bottom with what looks like the old "A" atlas symbol on them. Then the other 3 have "Duraglas" cast into the bottom.  Just one has the number "82895" on it as well. And all three have what might be a date code also.
  So here's my question, does anyone know which one might be the original one for the '56 Cadillac? If it doesn't matter,  I'll just use the best looking one, but if there's a correct choice, I'll use that one. My guess is it's the one marked with "5651" just because it begins with the number 56, but I honestly have no idea.

My thanks for any help you can offer.

Rick

Pictures in this order, #1-"5651" jar, #2-"Duraglas #82895" jar, and #3-"Duraglas" plain jar.

Picture #4 is of the two rebuilt pump units with jars and brackets, and the third jar with a matching bracket.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Omarine

Hello Rick,

Nice pieces, do they also work for ‘52? Are you parting with the others?

Cheers
Oscar
1949 Harley Davidson FL
1952 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
1961 Chevy Impala 2 dr hardtop

Cadman-iac

Oscar,
The pump assemblies are not for sale, as I only have the two complete units. One for in my car and the other for a spare in case it's needed.
However I don't have any plans for the other jars and/or the brackets if you're interested in one. You can PM me if you prefer and we can discuss it.

Rick

I had forgotten I even made this posting, as no one had made any replies.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"