News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 Dashboard Restoration and Diagram

Started by CadillacGlasses, March 14, 2020, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacGlasses

Hey guys,

I'm restoring a '49 convertible and am on the hunt for all kinds of components, particularly for the Instrument Panel/Dashboard.

I tore down the whole IP/Dash about two years ago before having a solid system of taking notes and inventories, and I'm now in the dreaded stage where I've realized how many have gotten misplaced, lost or even originally missing. So far I have a list started, but also have significant holes in the inventory.

Does anyone have any info regarding the original state of these '49 convertible dashboards? I tried finding a good diagram in the Faxon manuals but they seemed to have skipped my model year... I've attached this beautiful exploded view of a '42. I want one of a '49 so badly.. haha. Even just some photos of an existing finished car would be really helpful, because the hunting based on google images is getting really confusing. (attached is also a pic of my vehicle before restoration)

Thanks!
Mike
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)