News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Biarritz interior pieces need help !

Started by 57CaddyBiarritz, March 07, 2020, 09:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57CaddyBiarritz

I am at the Hardest part of this frame off restoration . This one is just one of many that's puzzling . I have 2 leather interior pieces that I am have trouble figuring where they go . ( see photos Please ) . I know they are for convertible top and I have old one . Old ones were in a box with many other pieces i received . They are in a spot that is not clearly seen ( my top installer did not know either ). So if you worked on a 57 Cadillac convertible please help me locate these pieces ? Thanks Jim

57CaddyBiarritz

Maybe The way i describe parts was not clear . These parts go somewhere on convertible top mechanism . They could also be on all 57 Cadillac convertibles ? Thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

I am not near my car presently, but I think they go in the inner areas of the shoulder bolsters. I’ll try and have a look on the weekend.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

See photo of existing piece that has several screw holes but I still not sure where it attaches . Thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

I apologise for not yet determining exactly where they go as I haven’t been to my car which is stored elsewhere.... but I do think that you will find a home for them in the shoulder bolster well of the convertible top mechanism.
Hopefully I’ll get over to my car this week.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

Quentin would you have a picture in your files inside shoulder bolster or well ? thanks Jim

Quentin Hall

All my 57 files got deleted by my exwife... I will get a chance to see my car later in the week.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57CaddyBiarritz

Quentin I hope you and All your loved ones are doing well at this difficult time during this pandemic  . I am from NYC  and it is a hotspot right now .
Does the photos attached show the area for these pieces ? thanks and stay well Jim