News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1963 Coolant Recommendation Sticker

Started by kkarrer, March 20, 2020, 01:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello!
    I'm hoping that someone out there with a 1963 car can supply me with a picture or a source for the Coolant Recommendation Sticker that is on the right side of the radiator core support.  I have a low mileage (33k) 1963 series 62 convertible and that sticker is just a few disjointed pieces stuck to the core support.  I can reproduce them, but a picture of one that's intact would be very helpful as it would show the size, font style, and complete information.  Any help would be appreciated.  Jason Edge and I have corresponded and we thought that this would be the best bet.
Thanks so much!
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.
512-626-7268
1932 AWPhaeton
1963 Series 62 Convertible

kkarrer

Steven,
   Thanks for your reply.  McVey's and all other sources (Caddy Daddy, etc.) do not carry this sticker.  We're going to have to find someone with perhaps a limo or other very low mileage car whose sticker is still intact and get a picture of it.
Take care,
Ken

kkarrer

Steven,
    No.  It's about 2" wide and 4 3/4 long and white with black lettering.  I'm attaching a picture of what is left of mine.
Thanks!
Ken

Jason Edge

The only reference I remember seeing to this sticker is the Oct 24, 1962 Serviceman Bulletin. I have had close to 60 1963 and 1964 Cadillacs in my driveway ranging from a 73K mile 1963 to a 41K mile 1964 and no sign of the sticker.   The SB makes one assume it was on all 1963 Cadillacs, but not sure about 1964's. Check out the Serviceman Bulletin I have attached... sorry, it is not the best resolution.  Perhaps someone out there with a pristine really low mileage 63 can share their picture ... and of course any 64's. I do recall seeing parts listings for a 65 sticker so assume there was probably one for the 65 model year... but I'm a real dummy when I get away from the 63's and 64's.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

kkarrer

Steven and Jason,
      I just looked at an early 60's Cadillac on Hemmings and saw the remainders of a sticker on that car's radiator support.  More was left of it that there is on mine, but it was still not readable. It could be that I'll have to just copy and paste the info on the card that Steven has mentioned (those were always hung on the radiator neck on 50's cars) and have it reproduced with a sticky back.  Just finished replacing the antenna mast on the 63.  Since the nylon retractor tail was broken off, I had to take the whole thing apart...needed to clean and lube it any way.  Just doing minimal clean up on this one.  Thinking of showing it in Primary and Preservation classes. I've attached pictures of the 63 (triple green, basildon) and the 32.  Hope to see you guys at GN.  I'll keep you posted on that decal.
Thanks,
Ken