News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hagerty Magazine Homage to '70 deVille Convertible

Started by colinlikens, March 26, 2020, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinlikens

I stumbled across this article in Hagerty's online magazine.  There are no big, new insights about the car but it's a nice tribute to the last of the full-size, rear drive convertibles.  It has some nice photos too.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2020/03/24/1970-deville-convertible-was-a-fabulous-farewell
1973 Eldorado Convertible
2008 DTS
1978 Buick Estate Wagon

chrisntam

Thanks for posting. I looked at the article, saw the license plate and said hey that’s my car. Pics were taken at a car show in October of ‘19. Too bad he didn’t ask that I shut the hood...  A fellow club members ‘57 is next to mine. Funny thing at that show, the ‘57 got an award and the ‘70 got nothing.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: chrisntam on March 26, 2020, 08:02:07 AM
Thanks for posting. I looked at the article, saw the license plate and said hey that’s my car. Pics were taken at a car show in October of ‘19. Too bad he didn’t ask that I shut the hood...  A fellow club members ‘57 is next to mine. Funny thing at that show, the ‘57 got an award and the ‘70 got nothing.

Chris, that author is a friend of mine, I can put you guys in touch, he LOVES that car.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

cadillacmike68

Really nice, Chris. 

I had to laugh at the idiotic comments at the bottom.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 26, 2020, 10:41:18 PM
I had to laugh at the idiotic comments at the bottom.

Agreed. What do those brainless plebeians know, anyway?
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

chrisntam

Prolly no under hood pic because of the non-stock open element air cleaner, chrome valve covers and electronic ignition.   You guys like the big gulp cup and the kettle corn in the front seat?

Laurie no need for me to get in touch with the author but thanks for the offer!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas