News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Radio Conversion

Started by Peter Cornwell, March 29, 2020, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Cornwell

Hoping someone can help, I have a '41 convertible on which the radio has been converted to modern internals from the Antique Automobile Radio company. I have sent an email to them but unfortunately had no reply.
I have no idea how it works and have no back trail to ask previous owners about instructions, the owner prior to me is deceased, he bought the car from someone in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. I am in England (making this difficult) and wondered if anyone had a similar conversion and if there were some installation instructions they could copy for me. Not even sure if it was a bought conversion (as a radio unit) or one that you did yourself with parts supplied by them.
Any help would be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible

mario

Peter:
It is possible that they are on a lockdown, as they are located in oceanside, California. Don't give up on them yet.
Good luck,
Mario Caimotto

Peter Cornwell

Hi Mario,
I sent the request 3 months ago!
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I agree. The email might have been lost or showed as spam. Try again.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

35-709

I Googled "Antique Auto Radio Co." and this is one of the sites that came up.

https://www.radiosforoldcars.com/InstructionsKit.htm
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Peter Cornwell

Thanks for all the replies, this document is the closest I've got so thank you very much for that, although I had been on that site, and have again today but couldn't find where you got the tab for instructions? Anyway glad you forwarded me the link.
This is the company I had sent the mail to, not the one in California and will send another in case it got mixed up in spam.
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible

35-709

Click on the "Click here to view or download" in the blue colored print.  It is a PDF file, I clicked on it for you, here is the link ---

https://www.radiosforoldcars.com/pdf/stereokit.pdf
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Peter Cornwell

Thanks very much everyone for there help, sent another mail yesterday to the company and had a reply, maybe it had got lost in spam. A lesson learned.
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible

1976Deville

I do not know if WOODS Radio is using the same conversion system. They have a Video on there Website and on YouTube , maybe it will Help you

Virgil Perkins

Peter, I had this conversion done by S & M Electro in Blaine, Michigan, and made instructions due to my rotton memory. Yours may or may not be the same but should give you an idea. I am attaching my instructions, hope it helps. VP]
Virgil Perkins

Peter Cornwell

Thank you for that information, I'll compare it with the car actual situation.
Kind Regards
Peter
England
Peter
England
1941 6267D convertible
1952 6267X convertible