News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 Series 62 convertible vacuum lines

Started by matth, April 04, 2020, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matth

Hello,
Any chance anyone would have a diagram of the vacuum lines for a 1962 series 62 convertible. Lines were missing when I purchased the car and I am left guessing for the most part.
Thanks!!
Matt

Cadman-iac

Matt,

I don't have a service manual for a 62, but here's what I've got from a 63 manual. It shows the door lock system,  and also the a/c vacuum circuits, separately of course.
If you can find yourself a manual for the 62, all this should be in it.
HTH,
Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

35-709

Cadillac Shop Manuals are easy to find on eBay, suggest you buy an original rather than a reproduced manual, the pictures are usually of better quality.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-CADILLAC-SHOP-MANUAL-USED-GOOD-CONDITION/264684991996?hash=item3da07475fc:g:NwgAAOSweqdeg2Dx
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Cadman-iac

Quote from: 35-709 on April 08, 2020, 03:02:59 PM
Cadillac Shop Manuals are easy to find on eBay, suggest you buy an original rather than a reproduced manual, the pictures are usually of better quality.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-CADILLAC-SHOP-MANUAL-USED-GOOD-CONDITION/264684991996?hash=item3da07475fc:g:NwgAAOSweqdeg2Dx

Ditto!
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

matth

Thank you one and all for the replies. I appreciate the help! Especially from Quadfins!!

Driftwood62

It is one thing to run new vacuum lines in the correct locations. It is another to have them match the original color codes. Anyone know where to get lines with the color coded stripes or a good way to add stripes to regular vacuum line ?

Clewisiii

USA Parts Supply sells color coded vacuum lines.  you can search their catalog online
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Driftwood62