News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The first ARKiversary!

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, December 16, 2018, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

copy/paste from my FB page....

*ARKIVERSARY*!!! Bought The Ark on December 16, 2017 - and my life has been forever positively changed and blessed, Praise God. The extraordinary depression that would plague me from 1Sep to 2Jan - gone. The incredible new friends I've made - numerous. The fantastic experiences I've had taking The Ark to shows - epic. The 'stress' involved when you suddenly become a cars' manager - unexpected. The amount of money spent so far in a year (with more to come next winter) - eh, never mind.

The Ark is teaching me patience.The need for patience at times, with everything connected to the car... I was never good with 'patience'. I'm getting better at it... I'm trying.

The Ark was supposed to be a 'toy', a thing. He's turned into a full time job, and I'm not complaining. The car saved me. He's something else to think, spend, worry, spend, plan, spend, about that's not my company or house or dogs. He's his own Planet and I love every minute being on it. I can't imagine my life without this car and the amazing friends he's created in it. I just can't. I'm just so incredibly blessed.

My dad sent me this car, he knew I needed a life raft. You all know the story, I'll be brief: I was looking for an IROC, 85 or 89 - for 6 years. Every car washed out. Late one night after another IROC failed I heard my dad, like he was standing beside me say "honey, look for my first caddy". Re-set my search criteria on Craig's List, The Ark was the only car that came up, and 100 miles north of here.

So much has happened over the past year, I can't over emphasize all the new, wonderful friends I've made as a result of the car enough, simply epic. I am so blessed by them. So many new experiences... car shows? How did that happen? The Ark was supposed to be a 'toy' after all. Now we're into renovation. Roof and headliner this winter, paint and body next winter. Thank God the interior is fine just as it is. But a new steering wheel? - never mind.

God I remember flushing the cooling system here 6 times until it ran clear, and found the mouse in the coolant reservoir. All the work I did here, some of it worked!

Planning, building The Lair...

SO MANY PEOPLE have helped so much, Dave Taylor Taylor Imaging: creative media design doing the big showboard, John M. Wood Woody doing the sound track and supplying the CD player, my late dear friend Chuck Thomson (RIP) who helped with so many of the little details, Scott Spencer who did the early engine/mntx work, Marc Primavera at Lou's Custom Exhaust and who hooked me up with Michael Amster and Hyannis Vintage Auto, Ryan Morrison at Cape Tire Service, Rusty Jacobites at Diamondback Classics, Wayne Cunningham at Battery Central Mall. And I know I'm going to forget some folks but here goes:Dave Smith, Tom Klockau for the wonderful article he wrote about The Ark for Jack Baruth, Mark Demyan for sponsoring me in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, all the folks who've helped me so much from the Cadillac & LaSalle Club forum, and especially Mike Josephic who has taken Charlie's place as my sensei. And of course to God, with Him ANYTHING is possible!

In closing (applause), Sherman set the Way Back Machine to the evening of April 25, 2018, I'm in my first car show EVER the next day at Gillette Stadium with the Mass Cruisers Auto Club and my F L E E T W O O D script still isn't on my front fenders, the car looks like someone shot it since the holes for the script are there, I was heartbroken. Michael Amster came to the house, after a long day of car magic at the world famous Hyannis Vintage Auto, and installed the script. And wouldn't take any money. As he was leaving, climbing into his enormous Denalli pick up truck he said "have a good time, welcome to our world."

Indeed.

Happy Anniversary Ark, here's to many more.

video of The Ark's arrival here, a year ago tonight.
https://www.facebook.com/laurie.kraynick/videos/1542638592517951/

the first pic I ever took of The Ark, being readied for his ride home to Cape Cod.

Time for an appropriate song... where's Lexi?  \m/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GJIloc1VQ&fbclid=IwAR36cpyGe2lcUEqgyl9JFz70EL1QxBpk3V4ao1VCt3nP3AXpCcontdodoHM

\m/
Laurie

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hearty congratulations to you and the Ark
for your first happy year.  You'll have many
more years and car shows together!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bill Young

May the V and Crest continue to shine on you.

35-709

Rock 'n Roll Laurie!  Great hobby, great cars, great people.
Geoff
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Lexi

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on December 16, 2018, 10:36:47 PM
copy/paste from my FB page....

Time for an appropriate song... where's Lexi?  \m/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GJIloc1VQ&fbclid=IwAR36cpyGe2lcUEqgyl9JFz70EL1QxBpk3V4ao1VCt3nP3AXpCcontdodoHM

\m/
Laurie

Congrats on your 1st anniversary! Lexi is asleep for the winter but here in spirit when I had that Queen song playing! Rock on & head bang (but be careful not to bruise your forehead).... Clay/Lexi \m/

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Congrats.
Gotta love car anniversaries. That means it's time to write another insurance premium check. Ugh.

Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Awww thanks guys, I'm so excited to see the roof restoration FINISHED and get on to the shows,
which are already being planned, in 2019.

Jeff you're correct! I upped The Ark's insurance to what I have invested so far, 10K. It was a staggering
$23 additional... I'm still under $200 total for the policy.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Maynard Krebs

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on December 18, 2018, 12:23:01 AM... I'm still under $200 total for the policy.

\m/
Laurie

Ugh --- I had to pay a bit more than that for one on my low-mileage, original '89 Caprice... from Haggerty, even.   What did I do wrong?

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Maynard Krebs on December 24, 2018, 11:35:12 PM
Ugh --- I had to pay a bit more than that for one on my low-mileage, original '89 Caprice... from Haggerty, even.   What did I do wrong?

We'd have to compare policies!

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

signart

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on December 25, 2018, 03:07:48 AM
We'd have to compare policies!

\m/
Laurie

It's all about where you reside. Unless you live next door, no comparing ins.
Art D. Woody

Cape Cod Fleetwood

ARK the Herald angels sing....   :D

Sorry Lord.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Scot Minesinger

Laurie,

That is awesome.  We join these clubs for the cars and stay for the people.

I live in VA and drive the 95 corridor to visit family in Portsmouth, NH at least twice a year.  Some time would like to see the ARK in person.  After all, 1970 Cadillacs are my favorite.

Enjoy the holidays!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on December 25, 2018, 12:58:33 PM
Laurie,

That is awesome.  We join these clubs for the cars and stay for the people.

I live in VA and drive the 95 corridor to visit family in Portsmouth, NH at least twice a year.  Some time would like to see the ARK in person.  After all, 1970 Cadillacs are my favorite.

Enjoy the holidays!

Scot, a hot lobster, a cold beer and comfortable accommodations await you and yours on beautiful Olde Cape Cod when ever you'd like.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Scot Minesinger

I should drive my 1970 Cadillac on the trip!  Thanks.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on December 25, 2018, 09:18:12 PM
I should drive my 1970 Cadillac on the trip!  Thanks.

8)

If not, you can drive The Ark when you get here.

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

LOL! My FB cover photo from last year at this time, currently re-heated.
\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

stevehayes

Wow, this car is dope. I am looking for the same one, and I've found it on the other side of the country, somewhere in Oregon, and the only one way to have this car is to ship this car across the country. Honestly, I have never done this before and I am a little bit afraid to do that, but as far as I know a couple of friends of mine have shipped their cars using this car shipment service shipaa.com/ So I am going to use it too, because I've seen how were delivered my friends cars and I think it was good enough

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: stevehayes on April 13, 2020, 04:06:53 PM
Wow, this car is dope. I am looking for the same one, and I've found it on the other side of the country, somewhere in Oregon

You'll find you can't afford dope once you start even a minor restoration. They're still around, you have to look under rocks sometimes, Craig's List, etc. If it has a vinyl top just assume it will need be replaced, depending of degree of rot under it this can run $1500-$7000. Here's a pic from the car's 50th birthday party at the dealer who sold him new, this past November.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville