News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado Extension Pipe?

Started by TJsBeer, April 06, 2020, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJsBeer

Anybody know where I can find the extension pipe that goes between the muffler and resonator (43634)?

Cadman-iac

That looks like a Walker part number and illustration.  Have you tried your local parts store,  or Rock Auto ?

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

TJsBeer

Cadman-iac

Another option would be to have it made at your local exhaust repair center like Midas or someplace else like that.

Some of the independent parts stores have other manufacturers products available to them. Off the top of my head I can't recall any names for other makers of pre-made exhaust systems, but there are a few.
I know you probably won't find it from places like Summit Racing, or Jegs, as they typically only have the high demand stuff.
I would give your local store a call and just ask them about it. Maybe ask for the manager, as they will likely have more experience with the older cars.

HTH

Rick
CLC# 32373

hornetball

There are places that specialize in pre-bent classic car exhausts.  Here is an example for the '76 Eldo (no affiliation):

https://www.parts123.com/parts123/dyndetail.pta?catalog=0001061a&uKeY=FFGLY

Personally, I'd just take it to a local exhaust shop.  This is a simple part to bend up.

Cadman-iac

Here's another thing to consider.  I don't know if you have ever done any exhaust system work,  but unless the system is near new, it's going to be a real pain to get the pieces apart without destroying them, due to rust for one, but also because the pieces are either clamped down really tight,  or welded together,  in which case they will need to be cut apart.
It's not a fun job to say the least. You're upside down under the car with dirt and rust raining down on you every time you touch something.
That's one reason why the exhaust shops are still doing a good business.

Rick
CLC# 32373

EAM 17806

A while back (2019) I needed this extension pipe and looked everywhere but couldn't find one so I found this shop in Pawtucket, RI who made one out of a straight pipe and installed it in excellent shape and condition.  Look and ask around for a shop who does this type pipe arrangements, their out there and they fit the pipe to your car excellently; mine was a 76 coupe deville.   EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

TJsBeer

I found a guy in Ohio the has them.
Found him on Ebay.
His company is Classic Exhaust.
Thanks All.