News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 cadillac Biarritz Seville rear1/4 panel SS bottom trim

Started by 57CaddyBiarritz, April 07, 2020, 02:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57CaddyBiarritz

On all 1957 Cadillacs Biarritz and Sevilles on rear Quarter panels on the bottom of body on both sides is a stainless steel trim . The top of this trim it is bolted to the body with several bolts about 6-8 . On the inside back of this trim is a bracket . What and how is this SS trim get secured to bumper end  or body so it does not move and rattle ? I do not find anything about this trim in manual how or what to secure it too . Thanks Jim/John

57CaddyBiarritz

wrong photo attached sorry Jim

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

There is supposed to be a splash shield behind the rear wheel. Note the painted item showing just behind the rear wheel in the attached pic. It should  be painted black and protect the rear quarter area from road debris and water. If I recall correctly, the bottom of the shield attaches to the bottom of the stainless just behind the wheel opening while the top attaches to the chassis (?). The piece adds rigidity to the stainless. I don’t recall any attachment of the stainless piece to the rear bumper end.

Anyone with a car have better a pic?
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

57CaddyBiarritz

If you look in attach photo you can see the bracket on ss trim that has nothing connected to ? the splash pan is attach to the to ss trim that shows in photo all so this is passenger side of car . On my. driver side I put a hook with a tread so i could connect to bracket that  connect to bumper end show in another photo . This not per factory design i made this up on the fly . I am looking for someone that has factory set up that rear ss bracket . Thanks Jim.