News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

U clips

Started by Paul, April 16, 2020, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I’m replacing the lip molding on the wheel well of my 59 cdv. I am in need of u clips. Does anyone know where I can get the right size? Are they just standard? And help would be appreciatedâ€"- also what kind of screw is used and where could I get them. Thank you very much in advance!
59 Caddy, Seminole Red with Dover White top

fishnjim

The usual places clipsandfasteners.com, fastenal, parts stores, etc.   They'll have the bolts too.   They should have the closest to original.   Doubt they'll be exact.   
Probably need one to measure or check size in the parts list.  The bolt size and edge depth are important.   Dimensions have changed a bit since then but I changed a bunch without issues.   If you mean U-nuts or barrel nuts, etc.   And not speed "clips"?   Clips don't have screws or bolts.

Paul

Thanks. I guess I meant u-nuts because the screw goes thru it to secure the molding. Thank you!!

59-in-pieces

Paul,
Take a pic of one you have and want more and post and what it is you are trying to secure.
I'm confused.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Paul

See pics. Lip molding and u nuts. Do you know u nut size and screw.

Paul

Any one know the thread size of the u nut?