News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Forum response times

Started by Cadman-iac, April 16, 2020, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I've been having some issues with the various posts loading that I'm interested in reading,  and I'm not sure if it's a site issue or just something with my phone. When I click on something I want to read, it takes several minutes to load. This is not normal,  and I was wondering if anyone else has been having trouble as well. I thought maybe because there's a lot of people online,..... however it doesn't seem to do it all the time.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

35-709

I have that problem from time to time, I find double clicking on the thread I want to read helps.  Don't double click going back though or it takes you back too far.   :)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Cadman-iac

Yeah, see now it's working fine, but just half an hour ago I had to drop the page or screen,  whatever you want to call it,  because my screen was basically locked up. When I clicked on a subject, it would begin to load,  and I could see a little bar on the top of the screen start to move across as it loads, but then it just locked up. The only way to get a reaction was to dump the screen. And even then it didn't want to work when I came back to the screen.
Now it's working fine though.  I'd just like to know if it's just an issue with my phone,  or if there is a problem with the site.
I would hate to see a problem with the site,  I love looking at all the posts, but at the same time, I hope it's not my phone.
Thanks for the replies, it does help ease my mind knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Hopefully it's just because of the volume of folks on the site causing a slow down.
May you all have a great day, and please stay safe out there.

Rick
CLC# 32373

35-709

Maybe it is the volume of folks using the same cell tower your phone is using.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Cadman-iac

That's possible. Hadn't thought about that,  although I'm in a very rural area.  I don't know what the ratio of customers to towers is around here, and fortunately this hasn't been happening for very long, and hopefully it won't be happening again.
I just thought I would ask. You don't know if you don't ask.
Thanks again,

Rick
CLC# 32373

TJ Hopland

I have been told that due to somewhat increased usage and the big shift of when and where the use is that the 'backup' systems are often being used to try and keep up with demand so they are no longer available to seamlessly take over when one of the usual systems either fails or has to come offline for regular updates or maintenance.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Lexi

Have noticed it as well. Yesterday it was quite prevalent. Clay/Lexi

chrisntam

Ok from my at home computer and iPhone.

I can never get on the forum on my phone unless at home and on wifi.

Have never figured it out.  I can get on other forums and web pages load just fine on my phone when on cellular.

:-\
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cadman-iac

Well I hate to say that others having this problem is comforting, but at least now I know that it's not a problem with my phone. I won't be panicking if it happens again,  although I'm hoping that it won't.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in this situation. Take care all, and be safe out there.

Rick
CLC# 32373

MaR

I have had on it again off again problems like that, especially on my phone. Lately though, it's been fine.

Cadman-iac

Last night mine was almost useless, but right now it's just fine. I'm guessing it's just the volume of people who are online at any point in time. That's better than it being an issue with my phone.
CLC# 32373