News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Took a few parts off my 59 last week

Started by rwchatham CLC 21892, June 23, 2020, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwchatham CLC 21892

R. Waligora

Dave Ventresca

hey ray. how are you? is that a biarritz frame? are you doing any more 53s? Dave

rwchatham CLC 21892

Dave I’m doing well , hope all is well with you . Yes that’s my 59 S O car disassembled ready for sandblasting . I have 3 53 Eldos that I am doing here , along with the dual Ghia , needed a change of pace to clear my head so I took the 59 down to the frame for fun , always good to go back to your first love .
R. Waligora

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It really doesn't look bad as it is. Can only imagine the finished product.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

Eric it was actually better than I expected . If you look closely at the center X  plate you can see where it still had the 2 insulator pads on there between the frame and body , they were usually just taped on so I believe the body had never been off the frame .
R. Waligora

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I can believe it.

Almost hard to believe that at one time a perfect finished '59 Cadillac was only 25 hours away from starting  like this.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

I might need a little more time than that ! Lol
R. Waligora

Dave Ventresca

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on June 23, 2020, 07:03:32 PM
Dave I’m doing well , hope all is well with you . Yes that’s my 59 S O car disassembled ready for sandblasting . I have 3 53 Eldos that I am doing here , along with the dual Ghia , needed a change of pace to clear my head so I took the 59 down to the frame for fun , always good to go back to your first love .
Ray, what makes that 59 an S.O.? also , let me know if you need any 53 parts. still got quite a few. Dave

rwchatham CLC 21892

Dave send me an email with the 53 parts you have .

What makes my eldo an S O is that it was the only Argyle Biarritz ordered with cloth inserts in the seats , there was another one made but it was ordered with  a full Seville interior cloth inserts and door panels  , that one is not known to exist so I consider mine a true 1 of 1 !  It states S O on the tag and I have the S O paperwork from gm compliments of big bill ! It’s going to be absolutely stunning !
R. Waligora