News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 horn button

Started by VooDoo, April 20, 2020, 06:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDoo

I’m trying to figure out how or even if this clear resin cover comes off so that I can refinish my horn button. Tried to pry at it a little bit but didn’t want to damage it. I am hoping somebody know how I can get this thing off so that I can refinish it Thanks
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

Cadman-iac

That resin is molded with the emblem embedded in the back, and then it's painted so it shows through. I honestly don't know what would remove the old paint without ruining the piece. I'd like to do mine as well,  but I think I'm going to just have to live with it for now.
Trying to scratch it off will damage it and no amount of paint will be able to hide it.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

VooDoo

Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

cbgrutz

The clear part is permanently attached. Be extremely careful. If you protect the inner circle where the emblem is (Do not mask it!) you can paint the two outer rings, where most of the damage appears, with black modelers paint.  I believe the emblem and inner circle is gold leaf and very very fragile. Good luck.