News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need technical (assembly) information for 1949 Cadillac Convertible top frame

Started by Po3824, April 20, 2020, 08:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Po3824

I am in the process of restoring a 1949 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible and need some details about the assembly and parts list for the convertible top frame.  I purchased most of the parts completely unassembled and need to be sure it is complete.  Does anyone know of any reference material or manuals that will help?  I have a technical manual for the Hydro-Lectric system but nothing on the top assemble.
Patrick O'Kelly
pokelly45email addresses not permitted
248-797-1383

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Mr. O'Kelly,

I tried to send you an email, but it came back to me as being undeliverable.

Please check the email address you supplied when joining the Forum, and correct it if necessary, but, in the meantime, if you could contact me by sending me a PM, as this will come directly to my inbox.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Hansen

Mr. O'Kelly,

The attached scan is from the 1949 Cadillac Master Body Parts List.  I'm hoping this will at least get you started.  If you can find one, I would suggest purchasing such a book - or one from a close subsequent year.  Perhaps an issue of the Fisher Body Service News from around that time may have additional information on the top assembly and its operation.  That publication was issued several times per year with body service information for all the GM divisions.

Good luck!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan