News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Temperature Sending Unit

Started by MikeLawson, April 27, 2020, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLawson

The temperature in my '67 DeVille always read too high even though the engine was at normal temperature as verified by IR temp gun use. The previous owner had replaced the original sending unit with a generic part which I believed did not have the correct resistance value.
On this forum, someone mentioned that Lectric Limited sells a properly calibrated temperature sending unit for 1967 Cadillac and I figured it was worth a try. I received the new part today and installed it. For the first time, the gauge read exactly what it should (1/4 scale) when the engine was fully warmed up. Anytime $25 can cure an annoying problem is a good day. Here is a link to this part if anyone needs it:

https://www.lectriclimited.com/electrical-devices/temperature-sending-unit-110011