News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Keeping an eye on things

Started by fishnjim, May 06, 2020, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

I was checking to see where the prices were on the NOS 4491 fuel pumps.    I came across one as an Airtex 5594491 listed as "new".   No AC logo on slanted top.   Never heard of that one.   So I contacted Airtex, and they do not (ever) show that catalog number.   They are making the 713, 6744, and 4269, but no slant tops for 57 or 58.   At least as far as the guy I contacted was able to research(quickly).
We had that (unverifiable) one with the unknown number come up recently, and I suspect there's more out there than were ever made as they command such a premium, but that's just suspicious ol' me thinking.
So if anyone has any recollection or further info/documentation(preferred) on the veracity of such a pump, I'd be interested to hear.   As a friend used to say, "there's profit in chaos."