News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Started by Ohjai, May 15, 2020, 08:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohjai

Hello all. After talking to Tim Rice last week, he convinced me that a 1941 Series 60 was the way to go.  I searched the web and found a couple, then ran across the Potomac region site.  There was one in  Wilmington, DE for sale.  After phone conversations with several members including, Harry Scott, Marty Watkins Jeff Hansen, Barry Wheeler, and Terry Wenger, I decided to investigate the Wilmington car further.  On Wednesday, Jeff Hansen looked the car over for me.  He sent me a fantastic report, I called the owner and talked a bit, got all the information from him to proceed with a sale.

Today, I wired the owner the money for the car, I am having it piked up Sunday, and in my driveway in Ballwin, Missouri (St. Louis area) on Monday. 

Thank you all for being so helpful and friendly.

Jim

'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

z3skybolt

Jim,

Beautiful Cadillac. I bought my LaSalle in Delaware also, four years ago.  Nice to have another beauty in Missouri. Perhaps our paths will cross one day. I live 50 miles west of you in Warren County.

Enjoy your new Cadillac.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

CaddyShackPA

Jim, congratulations and welcome to the CLC. How very exciting, and what a grand automobile. Do favor us with more photos!

And what a British collection - I believe I’ve never seen a Camargue in person. So very Pininfarina.

Best regards,
Jeff
J. Papciak   #23864     
'59 Coupe DeVille
'69 Eldorado  
'72 Coupe DeVille  
'77 Seville
‘81 Fleetwood Brougham  
‘89 Brougham 
'92 Sedan DeVille  
‘95 Fleetwood  
'02 STS   '10 CTS-V   ‘17 CTS

Jon S

Very nice and welcome aboard!
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Ohjai

Thanks Jeff, Bob, and Jon.
My car arrived this morning, got a chance to drive it a bit, before a young man came over to work on his new (to him) 1975 Silver Shadow.  He turns 21 Wednesday.  Anyway we spent the entire day finishing getting the car back together, so I didn't have anytime with my new Baby.

Jim

'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

Bob Schuman

It looks beautiful. If it runs as good as it looks you have done well.
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

chrisntam

Wow nice car!!  Just had a thought, wouldn’t it be neat to meet and talk to the families that have owned it through the years?  That’d be a fun day or two.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas