News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any feedback on suspension kits from Kanter?

Started by bobrich47, May 16, 2020, 09:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrich47

Hello, I need to rebuild the suspension of my '47 60S. I am looking to replace all the worn out rubber. Can i get some feedback on any kits that are available.  Kanters at $450 seems reasonable, considering the prices some are charging for parts.  I understand these cars are old and some parts are rare, but some do charge ridiculous amounts.  I've  seen some mixed reviews about those guys. Anybody have better suppliers they can recommend.   Thanks, Bob
Bob Richards

Chris Bryant #19358

On my 1938 60S I bought Kanter's premium kit for the front suspension and there were no problems with fit. So far no problems. l asl had Apple Hydraulics do the lever shocks all round and increased the diameter of the front sway bar. Yhe car rides and handles well although it will never match a sport car. I hope this helps

Chris Bryant #19358

bobrich47

Bob Richards

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

I used the kanter deluxe front end rebuild kit on my 54 CDV many years ago and the car drives beautifully. No problems with the parts. I've seen the odd post now and then saying their parts aren't good, but I've never had any problems. That said I can't vouch for their quality these days as I haven't needed anything from them for years.

bobrich47

Bob Richards

MaR

Decades ago, I used a Kanter kit on a '74 CDV and it worked well.