News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"60 Special" script

Started by bobrich47, May 18, 2020, 08:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrich47

Hello,  I'm looking for  "60 special"  script to emboss leather for use in door panels i want to make. My car is a '47, so I'm leaning towards something kind of art deco.
          I found these 2 from 50's cars. The blue says '53. Does anybody recognize the year of the 2nd one, with the white background?
         I'd like to start with photo's, to choose which font I'll use.  Then purchase some.    Please send pics even if its attached to your car. I just want to see what was used.
   If someone has any other ideas, I'd like to hear them.  Thank you, Bob.
Bob Richards

Cadillac Fleetwood

The one on the blue background is for 1958 (not 1953).  The other is for 1956.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Clewisiii

To emboss you will need to cut a reverse positive of the letters.  Find the font that you want then you will need to find someone who can cut it out of brass.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Lexi

Yes, '56 for the second, and assume Charles is correct for '58. Perhaps talk to a leather artisan, they may have some ideas that could give you something similar, for a lot less expense and trouble. Those guys who work tooling leather may be able to help. Clay/Lexi