News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

NZ FINZ - JUNE 2020 The Celebrities Issue featuring those in our CLC World!

Started by FINZ Editor New Zealand, May 19, 2020, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FINZ Editor New Zealand

Greetings from The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc)

Hello everyone. June is our first month of Winter and since compiling this issue of FINZ, where I live, we have had mostly sunny and dry days every day. No major rain, infact the north and eastern parts of NZ are suffering from a severe drought which is unusual given we should now be in the wetter months! There are many water restrictions about. Our Covid-19 update is that we are now in ‘Alert Level 2’ meaning we are slowly getting back to normality. 1503 cases (at writing this) with a 96% recovery rate and 21 fatalities, most as a result of other non-related conditions.
In this bumper issue I have accidently collected a number of contributions from CLC’ers we know globally, those I call ‘Celebrities!’ Have fun with the read and feedback is always welcomed.

•   â€˜The Self Starter mag’ Editor shares a pic of his cool ‘41
•   More great old cars in memory of Fred!
•   Dirk writes about Cadillac Designer, Wayne Kady (yes, that is his real name!)
•   Steve Westmacott and Irwin Sinclair from CLC OZ write…
•   Yann Saunders shares with us an incredible ’55 Eldo St. Moritz
•   Our own CLC NZ Pres. Features on TV!
•   The XM Project update
•   Lots of newsy snippets from around the globe
•   Another episode of our fabulous ‘Retro-re-run’ of the cartoon series, ‘Cardillac Arrest!’
•   The Editor provides a few links for you to read, enjoy and to make you smile!
•   Do you have a Meccano set?
•   And as always plenty of colour. 

Our thoughts are with all our fellow members world-wide who are still struggling with the Pandemic in their country. May you all be back to normal and better health soon.

Attached is also a newsletter from FoMC of NZ (the ‘Federation of Motoring Clubs’ of which we have renewed our membership. More on them next issue, but here is an interesting Covid-19 ‘Safety letter’ from them.

Until the next month, if you are at a loose end at home, why not email me a story or some photos of the good times you’ve enjoyed this past year so we can all share what you enjoyed. And if you are allowed too, go for a cruise, take a pic (even your Caddy on a deserted road â€" maybe a great Kodak moment?), remembering to try and make them either ‘Large’ on your phone or 2+MB (no more than 5MB) on your camera or cell phone, is always good!

Until next issue,

Yours sincerely
Ron Melville, Editor of FINZ (‘Fins’) - Monthly magazine of
The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc.) and
Recipient of the Yann Saunders International Activity Award â€" 2013 and the Maurice Hendry Award â€" 2015 and International Newsletter Excellence Award â€" 2015
Winner 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019  ~ ‘Old Cars Golden Quill Awards’

FINZ (‘Fins’) â€" is the Monthly magazine of
The Cadillac La Salle Club of New Zealand (Inc.)
Delivered the ‘eco-friendly way’ to your nominated email address
finzmagazineemail addresses not permitted  99 Santa Monica Drive, Papamoa 3118,
New Zealand.  Ph +64-7-557-8090 www.cadillacclubofnz.org
Check out my Real Estate website ronmelville.co.nz