News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Cadillac Mirage paint colors

Started by J.C., May 25, 2020, 03:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.C.

Hi, Guys,

Can any of you let me know what paint colors were used to paint the '76 Mirage in the attached picture?  I'm building a scale model of this car. 

At first I thought the bottom/main color was 93 Greenbrier Firemist 2874 and that the top/accent color was 94 Galloway Green Firemist 2812.  But then, looking more closely, it seemed to me that the main body color of the car in the picture is too light to be Greenbrier.  Then I thought that maybe the main body color is Galloway Green Firemist.  But somehow the car in the picture seems more blue than Galloway Green. 

And if the body is Galloway Green, then what's the accent color?  Or did Mirages and Castilians get their own unique colors?  I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could offer!  Thanks!

JH
2023 Genesis G80 Electrified
2023 Volvo V60 Recharge

Cadillac Fleetwood

The body color looks a lot like Innsbruck Blue Metallic, code 28. I can't tell from the photo if the roof and rear quarter edges are painted or covered in vinyl. If that area is painted, it closely resembles Jennifer Blue, code 24, a non-metallic 1975 color.

I am rather familiar with the '76 colors; the photo of the color samples (which I believe to be Automotive Milepost's reproduction of them) is way off on most of them.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Cadman-iac

To me the top looks like it's vinyl. If its painted, it's done so with a dull finish.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

35-709

What color code is listed on the data plate under the hood?  Painting was obviously necessary after the conversion, but the least expensive way to go would be to paint the necessary areas in the original color.

The top is vinyl, many were as an easy, good looking way to cover the fiberglass work/seam over the top of the car and the fiberglass to metal seam on the sides.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

J.C.

Quote from: 35-709 on May 25, 2020, 11:56:19 AM
What color code is listed on the data plate under the hood?

The green Mirage in the picture attached to my original post is not my car.  The picture is just one I found searching through the Web.  So, obviously, there's no way I can pop the hood and check the data plate.  I just really liked those colors and thought I'd build my scale model in a way the replicates them.

If the top part is vinyl and not paint on metal, then does anyone know what the official vinyl color was called?  Neither the top nor the bottom in any way look blue to me - they definitely look green.  Could the vinyl be a custom fabric not offered on stock Cadillacs?

Thanks for the responses!

JH
2023 Genesis G80 Electrified
2023 Volvo V60 Recharge

35-709

"Could the vinyl be a custom fabric not offered on stock Cadillacs?"

Could very well be, the vinyl top on my Caribou when I bought it was shot and was definitely not factory.  The conversion people put that vinyl top on for the reasons I mentioned.
Below a pic. of mine after I restored it and that vinyl top is not original material either.   :) 

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2