News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Passing of Phil Maloof

Started by Lexi, May 27, 2020, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Cadillac (and art) Collector "Uncle" Phil Maloof. There is a write up in the latest Self Starter. Those who attended the 2016 Las Vegas GN were fortunate to have a tour of his auto collection. An internet source reported that he passed from complications caused by corona virus. Condolences to the friends and family of Phil Maloof. Clay/Lexi

TJ Hopland

Sad news indeed.   

His Cadillac collection was mostly all 39's or 40's or something like that wasn't it?   There was one year he really liked so he had a ton of them?

I know some people that met him through him hosting events related to other impressive collections he had.  Was there anything the guy didn't collect?  Cars, sports teams, theater pipe organs.  By all accounts he was just a guy that loved to share his collections with like minded people.   Pretty rare you get a collector on that level that practically opens his doors to anyone.  He will be missed. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Lexi

It is indeed sad news TJ. I think it is the 1941 Cadillac that he had the most examples of in his collection. He was an amazing collector and had probably the most prestigious vintage Cadillac collection in the world. I wonder if his website is still operational. You could take a tour of his collection, both automotive as well as his antique and art holdings. It was the best web posting I have ever visited. You could tell that no expense was spared in the production of it. I believe one of my cars has a connection to Maloof and may have been in his museum, which made the news of his passing even more sad for me. I was reluctant to report on the cause of his death, however I personally know some CLC members who are not taking the corona virus seriously. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for them. Please be safe everyone. Clay/Lexi