News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'37 La Salle running board ends

Started by cadillac ken, June 08, 2020, 08:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillac ken

Thought I's give a heads up to anyone who needs these.  They're not mine.  Just trying to help those who are looking for rare parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-CADILLAC-LASALLE-RIGHT-LEFT-Running-Board-Moldings/283906529923?hash=item421a25da83:g:SEcAAOSwKx9e3ehu

carlhungness

Great to see you assisting us. I always search 1937 LaSalle and these did not come up. That tells me I should search Cadillac-LaSalle. I have great moldings for the front, as these are, but could use some better ones for the rear. Removing that rusty metal from the rear of the moldings is a job for a surgeon I can tell you.
Am just finishing my "winged" emblem for the top of the radiator and the V-8 that goes on the grille. I have a spare set and have so many hours in trying to straighten all of them I've lost track. Will post some photos in a few weeks. Just had the V-8 emblems GOLD plated, $65 each so it wasn't too bad.
  Now it's on to the painting and I'm getting a first class education from the premier restorer in the US.

cadillac ken

Wow, Carl, are you saying you are ready for final paint?  You have made some real progress!  Sounds like you may have passed me up  ;)

carlhungness

I am ready for final paint....on the V-8 emblem and the wings that go on the grille shell. The body is ready to lift off the frame, so it's a long way from any liquid being applied.
      And if you take a look at the V-8 emblem it's quite a challenge to figure out how to paint a line about 1/16th" wide.
      Then there's the winged emblem that gets chromed and painted, so I'm learning one needs a grip adhesive on the chrome so the paint will stick.
      I'm getting an education, again.

cadillac ken

OK, got it.  Yes I did do my emblem too and yes it is a process that eats up a lot of time-- and my emblem is considerably less complicated.

Also here is a picture of the rear deck lid treatment I've assembled.  The Cadillac emblem is a new one I found online and I made the art deco bezel for it.  I still need to get it chrome plated.  Also installed a repurposed interior light as a reverse light.

cadillac ken

Here's my emblem I restored.