News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Power antenna bracket woes

Started by nightshade, June 10, 2020, 10:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightshade

So.... Had a slight issue with my 42 75 series but ended on a good note.

So my garage was in much need of a roof so I had roofers come out to reshingle it. However, because of covid, I was unable to finish the clutch replacement so the car is currently on Jack stands. The owner met with me and I showed him the car and my concerns with falling debris. He listened and when the work began he brought with him a thick carpet pad to put over the roof for protection.

Everything was going good, I watched them carefully put the pad on the car and I went about my day,

As things wrapped up I watched the pad being removed (the owner and one of the older guys put the pad on, for the removal it was the older guy on the rear and a young kid on the front. This part is important.) I went out to grab a screwdriver out of my box and the guy on the rear mentioned how much he liked the car. I was about to say that this year is very rare when I looked towards the front and saw with horror that the antenna was now AT A NINETY DEGREE ANGLE.

I went over and went to move it and it snapped off in my hand. the older guy turned pale, while the kid quickly disappeared. I went to the owner and showed him the now snapped antenna, expecting him to pull a, "Hey you have home insurance that'll pay for it." bs. However, He immediately took responsibility for the incident and offered me his credit card on the spot to buy a replacement. I told him that the one that was on there was some odd non-stock cheap antenna but I didn't know I would find it, and the factory correct one was extremely expensive.

The owned said to go ahead and find the correct one and refused to give me a bill for the roof until the replacement was installed and working (This guy has now won my utmost respect.)

So long story short, I found a working power antenna that is now installed, however I don't have the bracket that goes on the bottom of the tube. Does anyone know where I can find one for a 41 or 42 Series 75 or has a picture of one so I can in worst case scenario fabricobble one?

Thanks. 
Paul Pittman
1942 7523 limo