News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 cadillac v8 355a 4 door sedan

Started by terryufs, June 12, 2020, 01:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryufs

I have a really bad oil leak going into my starter and also on my clutch .Does this car have a rear seal? Does anybody have a remedy
for this.

Johan Boltendal #158

It has an oil return at the end of the crank, two wood seal at the fit of the main cap in the crank case.
Most likely you have a transmission leak at the front, cork seal there, or closing cover gasket, this gasket is not likely to fatten the clutch , starter yes.
That leads to a wet clutch and starter. Not the return it the wood plugs. Heavy greasing of the clutch throw out can also lead to fat clutch and starter. Overfilled the trans perhaps? No easy fix , trans has to come out.  Johan

terryufs

trying to find someone in jersey to handle this. Any names?

DaveZ

What kind of oil is it that is leaking and when you say leaking; dripping? The trans oil is, or should be, like molasses or elmers glue. Was the engine rebuilt? Possibly they did not use the correct wood seals on the main etc? Taking the trans out you either have to drop the rear end or take the engine out because it has a torque tube:-(
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B