News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1965/66 Fleetwood vs Eldorado rocker moldings

Started by dgll411, June 13, 2020, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgll411

Hello, I'm trying to determine if the rear quarter rocker moldings are the same part on the Fleetwood brougham and the Eldorado in 1966 and probably 1965. Thanks.

Cadillac Fleetwood

As between the 1965 Fleetwoods and Eldorados, the rear rocker panel extensions (aft of the wheel skirt) are the same.  The 1966 trim is slightly different from that of 1965, but the 1966 Fleetwoods and Eldorados still shared that piece in common.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

dgll411

Thanks, Charles. What exactly is different?  I'm looking at pics online trying to notice the difference.  Can I use a 65 Fleetwood molding on my 66 Eldorado or is it too different?

Cadillac Fleetwood

I have a bunch of '65 Eldorado trim that I just went and looked at, but none for '66.  My recollection is that 1965 is all bright stainless, whereas 1966 is part bright and part brushed finish. There is the possibility that even though the '66 rocker trim is brushed/bright, that rearmost piece may have been bright only.
Ralph Messina is the resident '66 expert here.  Perhaps he will see this post and contribute his wisdom.  His former '66 Eldorado is here in the San Diego area, and it is truly a sight to behold!

-Charles Fares
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

dgll411

Ok. I will continue to follow the thread for more info. My car is in the body shop undergoing a restoration.  That molding has a small crease in it and I am trying to locate a good one. Perhaps a search here in the forum may locate one.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Danny,

Charles is correct about '65. The rear section of the '66 rocker trim has a bright polished top edge followed by a brushed middle surface below that. The piece along the center of the body has the same upper and middle finish with the bottom most 1-1/2 inch segment brightly polished

HTH
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Cadillac Fleetwood

Stainless steel,even when seemingly badly damaged, can be repaired easily.  Also, I have two of the lower rear quarter mouldings for 1965. Send me a PM with your e-mail address, an I'll send photos so you can compare with yours.

Charles Fares
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

cadillacmike68

Don't forget that the long middle section is 3" longer on Fleetwood Broughams than on ElDorados.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

dgll411

Ok. I only need the rear quarter section.