News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Good Mechanic Recommendation in San Diego?

Started by EnzoCaddie, June 21, 2020, 12:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnzoCaddie

HI All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mechanic in San Diego?

I have a '64 Eldo Convertible. She runs great just looking for someone I can go to as I just got the car.

Adrian

Adrian Benjamin
Membership #: Pending (just Joined)
Database #: 64304747
Proud Owner of a 1964 Eldorado

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Adrain,

You have a second email from the Moderators that does require your attention.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadillac Fleetwood

I have used "Jarvis Auto Repair" on Raytheon Road, in the Kearny Mesa area.  The owner, Jose, worked at Marvin K. Brown Cadillac in San Diego for a long time, and left the dealership to start his own business.  He has a 1970 DeVille convertible and other collectible cars.  I have been pleased with their work, and they have been able to diagnose and repair issues with my cars which others were unable to do.

I have also used "Griffin Auto Repair"  on Kettner Blvd.  in the Little Italy area.  They are among the few shops licensed to handle R-12 refrigerant for the older AC systems.  I have also used them for mechanical work and maintenance, and have found them to be honest and their work of high quality.  I like to use them because they are convenient to my workplace on Bankers Hill - just a short and inexpensive uber ride away.

Sunshine Auto (formerly Elmer Sweetwood's) in El Cajon has worked on my older cars, and did extensive work on a friend's 1964 DeVille convertible.  I'm not sure that they still work on older cars after they changed hands, but you can inquire.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

EnzoCaddie

Thanks so much! This is awesome!

Adrian Benjamin
CLC # pending
Adrian Benjamin

Cadillac Fleetwood

Is yours the Firemist Blue one with the blue interior that I occasionally see around town?

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

EnzoCaddie

Yes its Firemist Aquamarine.  It might be but I just got it. It has historical Washington plates.

Adrian Benjamin
Adrian Benjamin