News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Production numbers for fog lights in a 1956 Cadillac?

Started by Dave H. (CO), June 25, 2020, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H. (CO)

I was under the impression that the fog light option wasn't real common in the 1956 caddys.  Does anyone know how many were produced?  My sedan deville and my parts car 60 special both happen to have them.
Thanks,
David
1956 Sedan Deville (current)
1966 Coupe Deville (past)
many misc. other brands and models

Dan LeBlanc

Being also a dealer installed option, it would be difficult to determine how many were produced or outfitted with them prior to delivery to the first customer, or even at some point in its life.

Stats aren't readily available for Cadillac like this.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Dave H. (CO)

Thanks Dan.  I'm relatively new to this car so am trying to pick up what I can, where I can.
1956 Sedan Deville (current)
many misc. other brands and models

Lexi

Dan is correct. My experience however, indicates that more often than not Cadillac cars that year had them. Perhaps just luck of the draw, but normally when I have seen a '56 Cad (and also the few I have owned) they have them. Less likely to see them with turn signals only, at least that has been my experience FWIW. Clay/Lexi

J. Gomez

Quote from: Dave H. (CO) on June 25, 2020, 01:45:12 PM
I was under the impression that the fog light option wasn't real common in the 1956 caddys.  Does anyone know how many were produced?  My sedan deville and my parts car 60 special both happen to have them.
Thanks,
David

Dan,

Any of the options made available for the ’56 by the factory was listed under the build sheet outside from the basic group options “A”, “B”, “C” and “N”. The body tag under the ACC. Would also list those with other codes but the equipment group codes were NOT stamped on the tag.

The Specification Manual would have all of the options listed under the “accessory and equipment group and codes” section.

To decipher all options for your specific model you would need the built sheet to gather what was made available from the factory, the fog lights were part of the Equipment Group.

If any of the options made available from the factory as a dealer package accessory add-on they probably would not be listed in the built sheet.

The dealer package list shows the fog lights as;

Fog lamps, 1956 All series - Part 897 103 - Dealer Net price 29.40 - Suggested list price 36.75. 

Hope this helps..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082