News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

70's Caddilac Mechanic Huntsville Alabama

Started by reidkillen, June 22, 2020, 12:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reidkillen

Any recommendations for a mechanic familiar with 70's Cadillac's?   I have a '74 Eldorado Convertible.    I just moved from L.A.

R Pope

Are you looking for a shop for all normal maintenance items or for a shop to do something major? I am also in HSV (1972 Eldo) but do all the maintenance stuff myself when I have time - which is not very often. Don't think my Eldo has even left the garage this year :(

Here is the local antique club:  http://www.naraaca.org/

reidkillen

Thank you for the reply.   General maintenance and some interior work.   Sorry just seeing your reply now.

For general maintenance, I have replaced the alternator twice myself.   First alt was bad and second seems to put out more the 14 volts so I am afraid of cooking the battery.  I think I am beyond myself in figuring this out although I suspect both alt are just bad (O'Reilly) rebuilds.   I probably need to find a Delco alt.

Also, the car cuts out when I back up an incline (to my carport).   Not sure if this of a fuel issue (I put in 91 non-ethanol and some Seaform), fuel pump, or whatever.

For interior work, the door pull strap has come out and I would rather had someone who knows what they are doing.    Also, I have some window seal issues.

I am not mechanically inclined...

Lastly, I am on Monte Sano if that is close to you.   Thanks for the link.