News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What happened to MTS (Maximum Torque Specialties)

Started by cadillacmike68, July 13, 2020, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

So,, this is what I get for not paying attention.

I see references to "when there was an MTS", what happened to them? Are they completely kaput or is there another company / person stepping and is it worth doing business with them?

I see cad500parts.com is still around at least.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

They've morphed into Cadillac High Performance. 

https://cadillachighperformance.com/

Ever since Marty died (2015 or 2016), his brother (Paul I think) has been trying to keep it going, I think he partnered with someone (or sold to) and this is the result.

MTS was my main source and they've been disappointing since Marty's passing, which would be expected as he was the driving force behind the company.  I have never been a fan of death, it has too much stopping power.   :(
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Thanks, Chris.

I remember looking at that aluminum upper radiator hose connector before, because mine is, well, its the original.

https://cadillachighperformance.com/collections/bling/products/chp-bl81-billet-aluminum-thermostat-housing-kit

But I read a few horror stories from late last year through early this year on non shipment of pasts, $2K and larger orders on an H.A.M.B. site. There's a lot of shall we say "unrefined" vocabulary on that site, and peoples lack of intel really shines through, but if the company is not shipping what customers pay for, then I'm not going to bother.

Maybe I can find a new connector somewhere else.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

Order it, pay by credit card, if it doesn't arrive, then have the CC company dispute it.  Ask for Paul, I met him back in '14 when I went by their shop.  I'm pretty sure Paul still handles the 472 / 500 stuff.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Chris, that's what I was thinking of doing. I'd use my USAA card, since they don't mess around with recalcitrant vendors.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

Had to look that one up...

re·cal·ci·trant

adjective

having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.

"a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas