News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

It's about time...

Started by Steve W, September 18, 2020, 05:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

...that I finally joined the CLC and the So Cal region CLC. I've been lurking, reading, getting free advice here since 2009, so I figured, it's about time I joined!

Due to my crazy, hectic schedule (pre-coronavirus anyway), there were times I was away from here for extended periods. Then a year ago I had a pretty bad accident that (not car related) that knocked me for a loop and still requires lots of physical therapy. And just as I was getting back into the swing of things...the pandemic hits! There was even a time I was thinking of selling my 68 CdV, not having time to enjoy it, and not really being able to do routine maintenance anymore. (What was I thinking???)

Funny how things can drastically change almost overnight! I went from 4-6 gigs per week to absolutely NOTHING since March 11th! (Well, except for a couple of "zoom" type gigs). Still, not complaining...it could be a lot worse! Thank God I'm nowhere near the fire areas. My heart goes out to those who have been impacted and affected by these horrific wildfires.

So this slowdown actually gave me time to do some things around here that I've been neglecting for years...and taking better care of my Cadillac was one of them. And I've been on the forum a bit more lately, so I just thought...let's join!

Anyway, thanks for all the help and encouragement over the years, and now I start as a member! Thanks for having me!
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Cadman-iac

Welcome to the club Steve. Glad you made the choice to join.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Welcome aboard and hope you'll enjoy your stay.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

dinhnguyen57

Welcome!

Please post a picture of your Cadillac.  Would love to see it.
1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica

Steve W

She’s a daily driver, not a show car. But she’s pretty clean. A couple of small exterior  rust spots in the usual spots that I treated with Rustoleum touch up paint for now to keep the rust from spreading, a bunch of little touch-up paint “freckles” where previous owners dabbed a little touch up paint...and  the front seat was badly worn, so the seats are covered up. I’ll actually redo the seats before the paint. Someday. Like they say, it’s only original once.

She’s been on the road as a driver her whole life. I’m the 3rd owner. It’s an original Southern California car, it’s lived within a 30 mile radius, and I have every repair record since day 1.

It still has original paint and interior and all. Any parts I have replaced I try to keep as OE as possible too. ( i.e. had my original radiator re-cored instead of replaced. Although I did change from points to Pertronix, when I had trouble sourcing reliable points).

Runs and drives great! Never goes over the 1/4 mark on the temp gauge, even on these incredibly hot days (100-115* for 3 weeks straight).

Even though I’m a new official member, I have documented my trials and tribulations with this beast on this forum since 2009! LOL!

And, I installed the 3rd brake light and backup camera for safety. (easily removed, no permanent mods). I can hop in her anytime and drive anywhere without too much worry! When I do finally paint her, that’s when I’ll have to start worrying about every little chip, parking lot dent, etc.

But for now (and the last 11 years of my stewardship) she still looks pretty good and is reliable, drives and ride like a classic Cadillac should, and despite my periodic bouts of cussing and grumbling, she’s a great car!
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Cadman-iac

Very nice 68 coupe! I like the color,  and I love the body style of the 67/68's. My parents had a 67 ragtop years ago and it made me want one. I ended up getting a 69, which I loved as well, and I kick myself for ever selling it.
You got the best of the best engine that they ever made too!
Congratulations on your ride and for joining the team.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

chrisntam

Welcome to the club, you'll find yourself with a lot of opportunities with the local club too, meets, driving tours and such.  You may also find yourself in Albuquerque next July.  Hope to see you and the car there.  Now that you're official, you can partake in the GN!

I agree about the driver quality car.  With minor dings, scrapes, etc., it's ok to drive and enjoy.  A newly painted, expensively mint car, driving would be worrisome.

Glad you took the plunge!!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Lexi

Ahoy! Welcome aboard. Clay/Lexi

cadillacmike68

It looks quite nice. Always happy to see another 1968 owner join. Welcome.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike