News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Super Cruise is a subscription service

Started by GBrown #8092, August 12, 2020, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaR

Quote from: TJ Hopland on August 17, 2020, 08:37:08 PM
No surprise the talk directly to other cars thing isn't anything more than testing at this time.  Makes sense tho not enough cars out there yet and then the likely lack of a standard and security issues. 

I wonder how often any of the cars that are out there now talk to the 'mother ship' and report things they have learned?
As far as I know, Tesla is the only manufacturer that has two way communication on their driving and routing learning systems.

LaSalle5019

Quote from: Cadman-iac on August 15, 2020, 06:55:19 PM
So does it actually steer the car for you,  like an auto pilot, or just set the cruise control speed as posted wherever you are? I guess I don't understand exactly what this system is/does.

Rick
Absolutely it steers for you and, unlike the Tesla system, the CT6 has a fully independent secondary steering system in the event of a failure of your front steering EPS system.  All the CT6 vehicles with Supercruise have Active Rear Steering (ARS). Besides improving nimbleness and turn radius it provides an excellent backup safety system.  In the event of an EPS failure, the ARS system will keep the car centered in the lane for somewhere around 10 seconds while warning you to take control and giving you plenty of time to get your head back in the game.

This feature, in addition to the facial camera system and steering wheel/instrument panel coloring system to provide positive feedback of who is "driving", creates a very safe system.

So besides Full Range Adaptive Cruise Control, it provides true hands off the wheel lane centering while monitoring your attentiveness to driving.
#IWORKFORGM
Scott

Cadman-iac

Wow! That's some fancy system for sure. Also something that you don't want when the warranty runs out.
But very cool, regardless. Thanks for the explanation on how it works.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

dinhnguyen57

1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica