News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

77 DeVille vacuum diagram

Started by Koa, August 13, 2020, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koa

Could anyone please send me a PDF or a link to VACUUM ROUTING DIAGRAM for 1977 DeVille.
And I also wonder what is here the difference between California and "noncalif."
Thx. 
77 Coupe DeVille 425 ci - federal, red+ white interior
78 Fleetwood Brougham 425 ci - California, white + red int.
98 DeVille with the famous Northstar engine
32 Tatra 57  -  do You know that?

TJ Hopland

The CA has to do with the emissions.  CA has and I believe still has stricter emissions requirements so the cars that were originally sold in CA often had different hardware when it came to emissions equipment.   More recent times I suspect its just a different 'tune' in the computer but back then it was different hardware.

Someone may have the diagram for you but longer term you should get yourself an original factory service manual.   I don't remember 77 specifically but typically they had a multi page color fold out for the vacuum and electrical.    Don't bother with any of the Haynes type manuals, they cover way to many years and models to be of any real use.   The 77 factory manual has white in the center and a light blue border.   Usually plenty of them in various conditions and prices available on Ebay.   I don't think they were ever reprinted so most out there are originals.   Some people have reported the CD ones are good but have not yet told us a specific brand or vendor,  most people report they are almost completely useless so read the description closely so you know what you are getting.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Koa

Hi TJ.
I know about the different emission limits in CA.
For sure the Calif. version has the "smog pump", which is conected to ... whatever.
I also havethe Haynes book from Rockauto, but unfortunatelly i find it to much general as it is for Caddys 1970 - 1990 = to many cars in one book.
I' m just on the search for manual directly for the 1977 as You describe it.
77 Coupe DeVille 425 ci - federal, red+ white interior
78 Fleetwood Brougham 425 ci - California, white + red int.
98 DeVille with the famous Northstar engine
32 Tatra 57  -  do You know that?

Dan LeBlanc

There's a few of them on eBay right now.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

TJ Hopland

Most of the 70's Cads had the smog pump so that doesn't tell you much.   I have never tangled with a CA car that I know of so I don't know what was different.   Just what I have seen on diagrams in some cases there seems to be some extra sensors that the fed cars don't have.   I never looked close but I assume they were there to change the timing of when thing did or didn't do their things.   

I remember a thread here a while ago where someone had a CA emissions car and was having huge issues finding some parts to make it work again.  It was something like most cars had a 3 port vacuum switch but his had 5 ports and was a one year and CA only part so it just didn't exist.   

I just checked Ebay and there are some good deals on 77 manuals.    The darker blue with the big 77 is the Fisher body manual which you may want if you are going to have to do some of the interior and more body related stuff.   Its got the diagrams of the inner workings of the doors and windows as well as diagrams on external trim sorts of things.   

I saw one listing for a verson 1 and 2 manual.  No idea what that is about, never heard of or saw that before.   Several listings show a very dark cover 78 manual with them.   This is because 78 was not a full manual year so you got the 77 manual then the 78 supplement that just covered the new stuff then refereed you back to the 77 manual for the stuff that didn't change. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason