News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Congrats to Bob Schuman: 1951 Cadillac series 61 - OCW Car of the Week!

Started by Jeff Hansen, August 14, 2020, 01:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen

Congrats to Bob Schuman!

Old Cars Weekly has selected Bob's 1951 series 6137 coupe as its Car of the Week!  Read the article at this link:  https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1951-cadillac-series-61-coupe

Beautiful car, Bob!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Lexi

Yes, congrats to Bob. Fantastic car and great reading that article. Clay/Lexi

Bob Schuman

Thanks Jeff, Clay, and others who have commented on the OCW article about my 51-6137. OCW editor Angelo Van Bogart and I exchanged a few emails and had a few phone conversations to provide some of the information for his very nice article. Since its appearing, some have commented on not even knowing of the existence of the Series 61 of 1950-51.
My personal opinion is that the smaller and less flashy 50-51 Series 61 was not a great seller because it was viewed as the Cadillac for those who could barely afford a Cadillac, not the status symbol most Cadillacs presented at that time.  I know of only two other 51 Series 61 coupes, one that was pictured at a show in the northeast US a few years ago, and another that was highly modified that appeared at the Columbus, Ohio CLC GN Meet about ten years ago. Neither of those is in our CLC Directory. 
Bob
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Lexi

You are welcome Bob. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen one, unless I saw a daily driver some 55+ years ago when a few more would have still been on the road. Clay/Lexi

z3skybolt

Good for you Bob,

You and your Cadillac are deserving of the honor.  Thank you for your wisdom and support and especially for the ride you gave me in that car a couple years ago. I can attest to it's beauty.

I still recall how the guy in the late model, mini-Cadillac gave you a big thumbs up at the stoplight.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

Jay Friedman

Bob,

Congratulations.  Your 51 is a great looking car and I do like the 50-51 Series 61.  A member of our regional group here in the Atlanta area had a low-mileage 1951 Series 61 4-door sedan some years ago.  I don't know where it is now.  A few years ago the Volo Auto Museum had for sale a 1950 Series 61 4-door sedan with a manual transmission in the low 20,000s.  If I had the garage room.....

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."