News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Electrical shop for 1940 Lasalle rebuild

Started by Dan Paige, August 19, 2020, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Paige

I have a local restoration place in Burbank California, but they need some help with rewiring my Lasalle.  Does anyone know of a person in the greater Los Angeles area that does good work.

I am looking to convert the Lasalle to 12 volts and replace most if not all of the wires from the battery to tail lights.  Most of the original connectors are corroded and there are many questionable repairs, so I am looking to start over from scratch.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
Proud owner of my first Cadillac LaSalle.  1940 5219.

Jim Stamper

" YnZ " is in the LA area I think. They will make you a whole new correct loom for the whole car. Each wire has a tag on it with a number corresponding to the wiring schematic they give you. You might check but I think 6 Volt wire will be bigger than 12 Volt, making it easy to convert and look authentic. Gauges need resisters or some such thing.
     Last time I looked a5t their website they had a machine going looming a harness. Cool.
     Going 12 Volt has been discussed many times here, a search should get you good information. It has been done many times.
                                 Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Jim Stamper

Meant to say, that gives you a loom to put in yourself or find someone reliable to do it.
     Steve Passmore always changed his cars to 12 Volt and has shared his knowledge on here.

I think they will build your loom to use a fuse box too. A great idea, consider it however you go.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Jim Stamper

I just checked their website.      https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com

Jim Stamper

Dan Paige

Thank you Jim.  I emailed them today.

Dan
Proud owner of my first Cadillac LaSalle.  1940 5219.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Dan,
Can you please use your correct CLC #?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.