News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'53 331" coolant sender

Started by Brett S, August 24, 2020, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett S

Does any one know what thread pitch the coolant sender is for a '53 with a 331". I need to get a new sender but im getting conflicting info. Some are saying 1/2-14 npt but I can't find anywhere to confirm.
Brett Samanns

jyinger

Call McVey's Cadillac  913 722-0707  Ask for Craig.  He'll know

Jon Yinger   CLC#26643
1942 (4) one series 61 three series 60
1949 (4) one convertible  two Coupe DeVilles  one series 60
1952 Fleetwood
1958 Eldorado Brougham

Jon Yinger

fishnjim

If that's the one(AC G1852?) with the "button" connector then it's 3/4 NPT.   This was used for many years (50s) and models til changed to the flat blade connector.   
There is a screw end connection also, will work, but not sure if correct for '53.
Apparently you don't have one to compare to or the heads to measure?   A thread gauge is a handy tool.
Order by make and model, not thread size, to get the right one.
Available from Rock Auto.

Brett S

Quote from: fishnjim on August 24, 2020, 10:15:49 AM
If that's the one(AC G1852?) with the "button" connector then it's 3/4 NPT.   This was used for many years (50s) and models til changed to the flat blade connector.   
There is a screw end connection also, will work, but not sure if correct for '53.
Apparently you don't have one to compare to or the heads to measure?   A thread gauge is a handy tool.
Order by make and model, not thread size, to get the right one.
Available from Rock Auto.

No, I don't have one. I need to get the correct one in order for the guage to work correctly by Ohms. I'm not ordering by thread size, if you search on line for yr/make/model you get conflicting info with different thread sizes. Which is the reason why I asked what's the correct thread then I'll know which one is correct and has the correct Ohm output....
Brett Samanns